Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Current Travel Conditions On The Eastern Shore



Hi Joe,

Your probably getting lots of these emails but just in case....

I have just come back from the north end of Salisbury and the roads are bad. The wind is blowing snow so that it is almost like a white-out. I've never actually been in a white-out but at times you can't see in front of you. On the 13 bypass, I saw quite a few snow plows, so they are trying to keep the road clear as best they can. The pics are of Jackson Rd in Salisbury but it kind of gives you an idea of the what the back roads look like.

Shannon Polczynski

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I have just come back from the north end of Salisbury and the roads are bad."

Thank you Capt. Obvious!

Anonymous said...

I just got home from work (I work for a dentist) and thankfully we shut the afternoon down - even though we had no cancellations! The roads are AWFUL. I have never experienced anything like this. I also have four wheel drive. Anyone who goes out in this better need serious medical attention or something to that effect.

Anonymous said...

white-out:verb
lose daylight visibility in heavy fog, snow, or rain

Shannon, as a former Western NY'er I am sure you were in a real whiteout if you couldn't see in front of you.

Anonymous said...

12:37
I was just trying to relay some information to someone who might be wondering how the roads were. No need for the smart ass comment.

Ms. Capt. Obvious

Anonymous said...

So, Shannon, Why were you out?