Remember last year after Pollitt unveiled the County's Proposed Operating budget for fiscal year 2012 - 2013. Remember what his administration touted - Wicomico is well on its way to a remarkable economic recovery - signs of robust employment. Even the BOE director - John Frederickson was 'hoodwinked' into believing that Wicomico was poised for a quick recovery - as he even touted 'there are encouraging employment signs' at a public meeting held at Wicomico Senior High School.
GA Harrison, myself and a few others stood up and called him out on it. GA Harrison even held a public event warning the public about the 'Fictional Budget'.
Guess what - here at SBYnews - all of our reporting staff - was DEAD ON THE BULLS EYE in predicting this economy's eventual outcome. WICOMICO IS EXPERIENCING ONE OF THE DEEPEST RECESSIONS ON RECORD!
Highlights of County Administrator's proposed operating budget for 2013-2014
1. Diminishing sales tax collections
2. Declining real estate property valuations
3. Declining state & local income collections
4. County's pension fund seriously underfunded
5. Impact of state shift of Schoolteachers pension fund will now escalate to unsustainable levels as county liability will soon double.
6. Reduced local area workforce numbers continue downward spiral
I am not making this stuff up - see it for yourself
Posted by Beezer - SBYnews Contributor