March 1, 2015, 10:45 AM
The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for Sunday (3/1/2015) from 10:45 AM to 4:00 PM for Wicomico County.
* HAZARDS: Primarily sleet and freezing rain.
* ACCUMULATIONS: Snow accumulation less than one half inch. Ice less than a tenth
of an inch.
* TEMPERATURES: Upper 20s to around 30 through midday and early afternoon then
rising to mid 30s by late afternoon.
* TIMING: Light snow and sleet becoming sleet and freezing rain during midday then
transitioning to all rain by late this afternoon.
* IMPACTS: Hazardous travel due to ice covered roads, bridges and overpasses.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet and freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Use caution while driving.
Wicomico County Department of Emergency Services (DES)
The DES is continuing to monitor the situation in conjunction with the Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) and the National Weather Service. Additional Weather Bulletins will be issued if warranted.