Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, February 04, 2010

WBOC On Line Polls Are Complete BS

WBOC Online Poll

How likely are you to buy a Toyota in light of the recent recalls?

Very likely
Somewhat likely
Not a chance
OK, isn't this like asking residents of Haiti, in light of the recent earthquake, would you still hire the contractor that built your home?
How about, We know you just crashed into the Hudson River. Would you still fly with Sulley (?) on another flight?
If you won $8,000,000.00 in the State Lottery, will you still borrow money from Bank of America?
Here's the funny part about what WBOC fails to do. Well, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they attempted to do what I'm about to say but couldn't find anyone so they created this poll instead. WBOC should have reached out to see if ONE SINGLE PERSON actually had a problem with their Toyota. You see, I asked around to all of my friends and now I'll reach out to all of you and ask, have you had a similar problem with your gas pedal on your Toyota?
Toyota seems to have the most loyal Customers in the world. Why, because they didn't need the Federal Government to step in and say there's a problem. They saw their might be an issue and they confronted it head on, just in case. The Japanese handle issues like this with honor and dignity. They take pride in what they manufacture.
I happen to own a Toyota Corolla that now has 189,000 miles on it. It has been the first car for three of our kids, (all boys) and you know it took a beating. I would drive that car to Texas right now and never second guess if I'd have a problem or not. I can't say the same for any of the American cars I own. If my gas pedal sticks along the way, well, two things would happen. One, I'd turn off the ignition when the Officer pulled me over and Two, I'd tell him the reason I was speeding was because my gas pedal stuck. Oh, and if I happen to get asked why I didn't stop fast enough I'll tell them my brakes weren't working properly either. Go figure Officer!
So to you, WBOC, have you found ONE Toyota Owner that has had issues with their gas pedal sticking? Oh, if you wish to say YOU did in fact have an issue with your gas pedal sticking, I'm not publishing it unless you give a name. We all know who likes to play the game of putting up negative comments here just to play games and get a rise out of everyone.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it that the most opinionated people are also the most ignorant? I don't think any contractor could build something that could withstand what happened. His name is Sulley and I don't think he intentionally flew into a large pack of birds but he did land safely with all passengers safe and unharmed and yes I would fly with him. Also, please look into the correct useage of their, there, and they're. The point you are making is a good one but was clouded over by your opening paragraph.

Anonymous said...

I have a 1997 Corolla with 225,000 miles still going strong. You just can't beat a Toyota!!

Anonymous said...

I'm driving my fifth Toyota. Corolla, Camry, Corolla, Sienna, RAV4. No problems to speak of with any of them. The one I have now is on the recall list, but I will drive it and remain aware of what to do if I encounter a problem with the accelerator. I'll wait for Toyota to sort out the fix before I take it in for repair. The MSM loves drama!! Sometimes I think people WANT to have problems.

Anonymous said...

I love my Toyota (4th one I might add. DT sure can turn you into a raving idiot. If they upset you so much stay away from their site and don't buy their paper, You are going to have a stroke or a heart attack if you don't cool it.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Pohanka and other Toyota dealers advertise with these wboc. Looks like they just shot themselves in the foot.

Anonymous said...

My wife's celica had a problem with the gas pedal. When you went to accelerate from a dead stop, it felt like it took about 5 seconds to go somewhere. lol

The big issue was the crappy 3 speed automatic transmission. The first gear really put a hurting on the engine which had no torque until around 4000 RPM.

Once it got moving, it wasn't that bad a car. Awesome gas mileage, great handling, and it could move once you got some momentum behind it. The car was comfortable for a small coupe, and it was extremely reliable. No major repairs over 160k miles, and it still ran really well when it was totalled.

If only it had the 6 speed - it would have been a blast to drive and probably would have had even better gas mileage.

Anonymous said...

10:29 learn how to type.

Anonymous said...

I love my Toyota!!!!!!!
Wouldn't drive anything else and trust that Toyota will always fix a problem and not try to hide from it.

Anonymous said...

I don't even go to their website any more. What's the point.

Anonymous said...

I love my toyota and would never buy anything else but.First if any thing is wrong with them(in which i highly think not...)Toyota did not need the goverment to tell them to fix the problem.They took the matter into thier own hands for all customers.That is how Toyota is.Funny how the goverment can not even figure out how to sell cars not alone run this country that is truely FALLING APART!!!Try again Mr. President, you are a true failure and will do anything to sabatoge the american people.Your GM product is no good and no person with any common sense wants to buy something that is going to fall apart before you even come close to paying for it.I had domestic cars before and they spent so much of my time and money sitting in repair shops only to come out and go right back in for another issue.I don't know about you but i work hard for my money and surely to not want to pay thousands of dollars on a car only to have it sitting again on the side of some road....tow truck...here we go again!!!As my beautiful Toyota prances down the road,take alook at and i will give you a faithful smile knowing that i am safe and satisfied.And as for GM...give it a break and leave Toyota alone and stop listening to are idiotic goverments fullish ways.GOVERMENT....FAIL!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The company i work for has 6 2009 Toyota prius's in it's fleet ans 22 Toyota scion's. i am the supervisor in the fleet department and we have had not one issue with our Toyota's.With the exception of one 6 point buck and believe it or not a turkey can do alot of damage to a Toyota but not one gas pedal or brake pedal issue.

Anonymous said...

there was a small problem(it happened only once)with my 30 corolla, but it was MY OWN FAULT. I had forgotten to re-attach the floor mat on the floor hooks provided for that purpose. When I tried to stop at the end of my driveway, the engine reved... but the car did stop. The mat was wedged onto the accelerator pedal. It was like stomping the brakes & gas at the same time. Like I said, it was my own fault.
I'd get another Toyota in a heartbeat!
I had the first one for 10 years, My son had it for 5 or 6.
That's the real problem...You don't get that new car smell, cause they NEVER wear out! :o)