Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, February 04, 2010

‘Car Pool’ Commuter Nabbed With Mannequin



It is not a joking matter when you drive off with a ticket,’ sheriff says

ISLANDIA, N.Y
. - The tip-off was the sunglasses.

A New Yorker faces a $135 traffic fine for using a mannequin as her "plus one" in the high-occupancy vehicle lane of the Long Island Expressway.

An alert sheriff's deputy on Long Island became suspicious this week when he saw the "passenger" wearing sunglasses and using the visor. The problem: The sky was overcast.

GO HERE to read more.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's Hot!

10001110101 said...

haha! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

That's funny.

I have to say though I guess they'll pull me over for driving as a mannequin if I'm in that area. I wear my sunglasses driving on cloudy days quite a bit due to the glare.
My eyes are extremely sensitive and I have no choice. It has to be not only cloudy but darkened for me to drive without my sunglasses on.

doug wilkerson said...

I wonder what he does with the bottom half?

Anonymous said...

first glance reminded me of the "wetlands" scandle, but guess that was before your time

Anonymous said...

this is where i live... we are all getting a kick out of it here.

i think it was a woman who was using this.

doug wilkerson said...

5:24 not before my time.

Anonymous said...

5:24, well teh differnce is she is wearing clothes :)