Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

TSA On Lookout For Big Hair And Snow Globes

(CNN) -- The sign at the airport was so ridiculous, I thought it was a joke."Please be advised, snow globes are not allowed through the security checkpoint," it read.

That was followed by an image of a snow globe with a Christmas tree on the inside and one of those big red "not allowed" lines going through the middle. Underneath the picture read: "Your safety is our priority." Apparently, this ban has been around for a while, but I guess I was too busy taking my shoes and belt off to notice.

Over the years, Transportation Security Administration officials have taken away my deodorant, my toothpaste, even my nose hair trimmer in the name of safety. Now it seems as if they are going after Christmas -- one snow globe at a time.

No comments: