Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Would You Pay $50 Per Month to Watch All the Movies in Theaters That You Want?

MoviePass is a new in-beta service that lets movie buffs watch as many movies in theaters as they want for $50 a month.

There's no need for tickets, just show your smartphone at a participating theater and you're in. The service, which is in trials in San Francisco, is trying to shake up the movie business by bringing the "Netflix model" of flat-rate pricing to the multiplex.

It's cool to see someone trying out some innovation in the idea-starved movie theater space. And if you see at least four movies a month, it could be a decent deal. Though, I don't know that there are actually four new movies a month I want to see.

All-You-Can-Watch MoviePass Brings Netflix Model to Theaters[WIRED]

from Ben Popken @ The Consumerist

3 comments:

Dixie said...

I'm going so hard all the time that I don't have the time to sit and watch a movie from start to finish.
If I force myself to do it, I'll usually fall asleep because the going so hard catches up with me.
So, no, not interested.

Anonymous said...

No!
It would become $50.00 to watch the same two movies offered during any given month sort of like HBO

Anonymous said...

Only if they designate one showing per evening where its only 21 years or older. I despise trying to watch a movie with a bunch of ignorant teens talking, yelling, and calling on their cell phones during the movie.