Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

World's First Tickle Spa Opens In Spain

Elena Gil admits she is an addict. "It started when I was a kid," she says. "I've just always loved the way it feels." For years, Gil, a 25-year-old occupational therapy student, sought out her vice wherever she could, even bribing her boyfriend with home-cooked meals in exchange for a few minutes of pleasure. But now that the world's first tickling spa has opened in Madrid, she has a new way to satisfy her urges.

There are no facials or hot-rock massages at Cosquillarte (the name translates both as Tickle Yourself and Tickle Art). In its two quiet treatment rooms, the urban spa offers only tickling. If that sounds more like torture than pampering, take note: the place has built a steady roster of clients, many of whom book weekly appointments, since it opened in December.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!

LadyLiddy said...

Good Lord! I can stand to be tickled, it's absolute torture! To each his own, I guess.

Anonymous said...

I would pay good money for tickles! At our house, we call em' "scratchies" the more ticklish the spot the better, absolute bliss!!

Tammy75 said...

I was just talking about this idea with friends over the weekend, saying I would definitely pay someone to tickle me all over, and that I should start tickle tharapy, they laughed at me.. Then I look it up to see if i'm crazy and someone actually has a tickle spa. I wanna know how to start someone like this in my town.