Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

LEON

As my son and I rode our bikes on the boardwalk yesterday morning we passed a couple pushing a baby stroller. It was a white chick and a black dude. I have no problem with interracial couples. People are free to shack up with anyone they choose. I didn’t notice wedding rings on anyone’s finger, so I assume they had the kid out of wedlock. Strike one for the little bundle of joy.
Now for the more depressing data. Even if they get married, the chances of them staying married beyond 10 years are pretty bleak. For first marriages between husbands and wives of the same race/ethnicity, the “disruption” (divorce or separation) rates at 10 years are Asians 20%, non-Hispanic whites 32%, Hispanics 34%, and blacks 47%.

For interracial couples the disruption rate is 48%. I bet the couple walking on the boardwalk wishes they were Asian.

See the picture of the girl below with a tattoo on the back of her neck? The stars are kind of cute, but with a prominant tattoo on a place that can’t be covered, she has insured that she will never be taken serious in any type of professional well paying environment. Life is full of choices. She made a bad one.

You may now be wondering why the name of this post is Leon. Well, Leon is the name of the baby daddy I saw on the boardwalk. How do I know his name? Well, baby momma had a huge LEON tattoo on the back of her neck. Strike two for the little toddler in the baby stroller.

I wonder if baby momma will feel a little embarrassed the day after Leon tells her he’s had enough and needs to find himself. The odds of Leon and baby momma lasting until death do us part are pretty slim. And slim just left town. Baby momma has committed a double boo boo. She has destined herself to never be taken seriously in the working world and she has pretty much rolled the dice on staying with Leon forever. Once Leon hits the road, she will never be able to get herself another man, unless of course she confines her search to other dudes named Leon. How low would a dude’s self esteem need to be to go out with a chick who has some other dude’s name on the back of her neck?

It’s too bad the little kid in the stroller didn’t have a say in who his parents would be. He doesn’t stand a chance in this cold hard world.

I wore my new Ron Paul 2012 t-shirt on the boardwalk yesterday. By the looks of the crowd, I would guess that 98.9% of the people on the Wildwood boardwalk have never heard of Ron Paul. When I told Avalon that someone had stolen my Ron Paul 2012 bumper magnet off the back of my car while we have been down here, she said that maybe it was a Ron Paul fan. I responded that anyone who supported Ron Paul would never steal anything from someone else. She agreed.

Time to drink heavily.

Source

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i think im in the upper % due to the fact i am inter-race married and have been for over 33 years its not the race that is the problem it is the people them self that have the problem

Someone said...

Quite an assumption that they have a child out of wedlock together. You do not know these folks, or their relationship to each other. But that is what happens when you mind other people's business.

Anonymous said...

12:52 are you serious? Half of the country is not married!!! Please I know a few people who have 2 or 3 kids with each child having a different daddy!!!!!! What a shame!! I, myself is married and have been for 4 years before we ever decided to have children and even dated the guy for 3 years before we got married (so for 7 years I knew what he was like as well he knew what I was like! Yes, I was in my 30's before I got married and I also did not jump into bed with every Tom, Dick and Harry!!!! Why? Because our parents taught us how to respect ourselves and other people. Notice I said parents (Mom and Dad). Also we grew up with values, rules and respect!!
Btw, my parents are and have been married for 60 years! God Bless them!!!! I also have 3 siblings and there is no divorce in my family or my husband's family!!! God Bless all of us!!!!!

Anonymous said...

12:52 your comment has what to do with the leon article? oh nothing....

Anonymous said...

The major problem I have with all of these out of wedlock babies is the fact that you and I are supporting them.Thats why young couples of all races no longer bother to do the right thing and wed.It is easier to get WIC,SNAP and all the other giveaways without a man in the picture.
And as for Leons girl,as much as I hate to say it,no decent white guy will even consider dating her now.Not being racist,just being real.

Anonymous said...

first of all to all the previous posts...are you all that small minded? The name on the womans neck could be anyone. maybe its her father who she lost,brother who knows. The fact that you all jumped to one conclusion is so sad and ignorant...Who even said its the childs father? Shame on all of you simple minded people. The article with its racial slant and shot at people with tattos...is nothing more than simple minded garbage.I know plenty of business owning upstanding people who have tattos.I hope that in the future SBYNEWS will step up and not publish such garbage.To the people so quick to judge...... shame on you

Someone said...

1:40PM, you have missed my whole point. How do you know that either of them is the child's parent? As I said, you do not know their relationship to each other. But that is what happens when you mind other people's business.

dan said...

What is the point of this "article?"

Anonymous said...

The girl with the stars on the back of her neck is singer Rihanna. She could buy you ten times over. Don't think she needs to worry. I'm sure she is glad that poor people like you worry about her though. Loser.

:o) hahaha

Anonymous said...

6:35 PM

Loser.