Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

SEIU PUSHING OBAMACARE TO MARYLAND TEACHERS ON SCHOOL TIME ON SCHOOL E-MAIL

Is your teacher lobbying for Obamacare at school today?

By Michelle Malkin

"Keep up the good work. Thought you’d like to see what Maryland teachers are being sent today (during school hours, school e-mail).”

Dear XXXXXXX [redacted]

We’ve waited long enough.

Right now, everyone is paying for the cost of our broken health care system. People with “pre-existing conditions” are being denied coverage by insurers. Women are being charged 30-51% more than men for the same health insurance policies. Newborn babies are being denied coverage because they’re “too fat” or “too small.” And a jaw-dropping 44,000 people a year are dying because they lack health insurance. How much longer will Americans need to wait before Congress acts?

Image removed by sender. Call Congress Oct 20th

Today, we’re sending our message loud and clear – that it’s time to deliver on health care. Call 1-800-603-SEIU and use this form to report back on your call.

Local 500 members are joining with voters across the country in calling Congress today, October 20th. Our union has a vibrant presence in Washington, and we’ve been hard at work lobbying for this legislation, but we’re powerless without the participation of our membership. We’ve set a goal of making 3,000 calls from members online, but we need your help to get there. Make three calls (two Senators, one Representative), and tell your members of Congress you expect reform that:

* Ends insurance company abuse;
* Makes health care affordable for everyone;
* Includes a strong public health insurance option;
* Requires employers to pay their fair share;
* Does not contain taxes or more costs to working families who are already paying more than their fair share into the system.

I hope you’ll call each of your members of Congress today at 1-800-603-SEIU and share this email with other SEIU members. We can’t let insurance companies dictate what happens in Congress, because when they win, we lose.

Respectfully,

Merle Cuttitta
President
SEIU Local 500

P.S. When you call, let the Congressional staffer know you’re an SEIU member. Let’s show our presence on these calls today, then report back on how it went.

Source

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merle,
I thought I would up-chuck when I saw the issue you have. I do not want the government to control anything . They are out of control now. It is obvious you have never worked for a living.

Anonymous said...

8:04am while I agree with your sentiments, I don't think it's such a big deal about it going over the Internet, only because I've gotten all kinds of other non-work emails and chain letters in the course of a day.

Anonymous said...

These calls are expected to be made on school time?
A relationship that is just too cozy.
How pleased will the teachers be when their health insurance is 'off-loaded' to the 'public option'? It will be most attractive to the Boards of Education and ALL UNIONS to not carry this expense.
I doubt that average union member looks that far in the future to realize the great expenses to be saved when this is off-loaded.

Anonymous said...

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST! It's that simple; if you are too dumb, too poor, too lazy or too sick to go out and get health insurance then frankly I don't care if you live or not. As crappy as it sounds, it is 100% true. I don't want to have to contribute to somebody else just because they decided to not take the initiatives in life that I have. I have gone without health insurance before because I was in college and couldn't afford it at the time, but as soon as I had the money I got the necessary insurance immediately! Currently, my employer and I pay a decent amount for health insurance (Split 50/50). Sure not every employer helps out, but I have the job that I have because I graduated college, show up everyday and WORK HARD-I look at it like a reward for the time I have put in. Health Insurance is a PRIVILEDGE, not a right! It's just like driving: if you can't afford a car and the costs associated with it then your ass is walking! So, if you can't afford health insurance then your ass is sick or dying-it's that simple! Not to mention that if this weeds out all the "weaker" citizens who are already a burden on our economy thus helping to revive the tanking economy!