Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Gov. Larry Hogan undergoes last chemo treatment

After nearly a year and a half battle, I can’t tell you how it feels to be getting my very last chemo treatment today. I could never have made it to this point without the amazing support of my family, friends and staff, along with an incredible team of doctors and nurses. I am humbled by the thousands of prayers and well wishes that I received from all around the world. And I am deeply grateful to be 100% cancer free and in complete remission. My heart, my thoughts, and my prayers go out to all the other victims of cancer and their families. I plan to make the most of every single day I am given, and I won’t stop fighting until a cure is discovered for this terrible disease.

Looking back through the past year and a half, I am grateful for all of the support and prayers. So many great things happened to me, like meeting so many wonderful cancer patients fighting tougher battles than my own, and being blessed by the Pope on behalf of cancer victims around the world. And this very special moment when Tim McGraw dedicated his song "Live Like You Were Dying" to me at a benefit concert for my hospital. If you haven't watched this, please take a moment to do so. It is incredible, and brings tears to my eyes. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers, Governor!

Anonymous said...

Go Larry!!

Anonymous said...

But he doesn't support Trump!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad for him but I don't think he should be promoting poisoning one's body with chemo. From what I have read chemo is worse than cancer.

Anonymous said...

Well 1:13 I and many others have done more than read about chemo. I've had it and am grateful for it. Gov. Hogan has a very good chance of a total cure due to treatment, vs. a very good chance of death without it. People who have not had cancer are neither helpful nor thoughtful with comments like yours.

Anonymous said...

211
Sorry for your luck.
But none of us are going to remain silent.
There is simply too much evidence that chemotherapy is destructive to the body's immune system. It is poison. Period. You know that. Everyone knows it. Stop making excuses for your poor decision.

The criminals who manage Big Pharma must be exposed for their crimes against humanity.

Anonymous said...

3:33
Hear here!
Thank you for stating the obvious.

LastMohican said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well 1:13 I and many others have done more than read about chemo. I've had it and am grateful for it. Gov. Hogan has a very good chance of a total cure due to treatment, vs. a very good chance of death without it. People who have not had cancer are neither helpful nor thoughtful with comments like yours.

October 4, 2016 at 2:11 PM

First, let me say I am glad you have/regained good health. But if you have read about chemo like you say, you wouldn't say that. Like I said I'm glad you are well but studies have shown that people have lived longer without having chemo than those that have. In other words, people who had no treatment lived 4-5 years longer than those that had treatment. You could find that study online and it would explain it better than I have here.

People have trouble accepting some things and I guess you are no different. That's fine. Some of us prefer the cold hard truth than sugar coated platitudes. I've had people in my family die from cancer and I think there are better treatment options that are not used either because they are not legal or too little money can be made using them versus chemo.

One cannot expect to see cutting edge technology around here much less be treated with it. PRMC is supposedly ranked high because of their heart attack and cancer treatments. Right now they are unable to use certain treatments because of law and what the medical and pharmaceutical industry deem to be 'ethical' and acceptable.

Be that as it may, I would suggest looking elsewhere for treatment that isn't promoted by a billion dollar a year industry.

Anonymous said...

420
Right on.
Marijuana, Vitamin C, Baking Soda, whole plant diet (juiced), coffee enemas, so on.
There are many viable options for treating cancer. Try the Gerson Institute.
Don't let them poison your body.
Do some research.