Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Do You Kiss Your Kids on the Lips?

When your kids are the cute, little doll-like babies that seem to require all of your efforts just to keep them afloat, smothering them with kisses seems absolutely normal. In some cases it's like an uncontrollable urge, a natural reaction to that (usually) great baby smell. As they get older the affection-meter changes and you may start to wonder when it's time to stop giving them the big, sloppy one on the lips.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some years ago I saw an adult man kiss his college-age son on the lips. I was surprised because we men rarely show that kind of affection, but then I realized what a great bond they have if they can do that, especially around other people. (This was at church).

Anonymous said...

for a grown man to kiss his adult son on the lips is just wrong on many levels. They need therapy.

Anonymous said...

3:45 bs, that's where you're wrong. 3:03 is right, it's very unusual because we have been conditioned to think otherwise, and your thinking proves why there are so many lost adults in this world. Start thinking for yourself and quit the homophobic I think this or do this because somebody else's beliefs made me think that I had to do otherwise. There's nothing wrong with kissing your children of any age, they're yours.

Anonymous said...

I will kiss my children any time I can. Because there may be a time I can't (God forbid). Just like you tell/show the ones close to you.map