Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dogs In Need Of A Home


Hello Joe,

Over the past month I have been taking care of my Grandfather's seven dogs, and have been working hard to find them their forever homes. My Grandparents had always been dog lovers. Over their lifetime together they raised over 50 dogs, and with a little patience could still remember every last one of their names. My grandmother unexpectedly passed away about a year and a half ago, leaving my grandfather to care for seven dogs (not to mention two cats). It became way too much for him to handle, but even harder for him to admit. He has become very ill, and will now have to be moved into assisted living where he can no longer care for his animals.

Every morning and afternoon, I go to his house to play, feed, love the dogs that remain. While I have two dogs of my own, it has become increasingly hard to care for so many animals. It is sad that they don't get the attention they deserve. I have adopted 4 out already, there are still three beautiful, loving dogs in need of a home. Each one is very special and would make loving, deserving pets for anyone who is ready to help an animal down on her luck. Please help me find them their forever homes!

The third dog who isn't pictured is named Baby. She is a 15 year old rat terrier, who despite her age is very spry and affectionate.

She loves to meet new people and would adapt well to any household.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be that forever home to these dogs, but I would like to say "thank you!" to this wonderful person and his/her parents for the loving care they have taken with these and other dogs and with each other.

I pray you find homes for them soon. You and your family sound like wonderful people, and I'm sorry for the loss of your mother and for the illness of your father.

May God be with you, your father, your family and with these wonderful animals.