Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Irene Knocked My Neighbor's Tree On My Deck, But He's Run Away From His Foreclosure

Irene blew a listing tree onto Brian's property from his neighbor's yard, smashing both his deck and fence. A seeming wrinkle is that his neighbor has long ago skipped town, leaving behind his foreclosed house with its drowsy trees untended. Brian wants to know how he can track the guy down, private eye style, and get reimbursed for the tree removal.

More »

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call your insurance company. They will track down his coverage, and they will pay for it if he is not covered.

Anonymous said...

If its foreclosed, doesn't the bank now own it?

Anonymous said...

His insurance pays. Read the articles and it explains it.

Anonymous said...

9:17 is exactly right

Anonymous said...

Several years ago I had a big tree from my neighbors yard fall into my yard and house. I learned that I had to pay for the damage and to have the tree removed at my expense (or my insurance). That surprised me since it was not in my yard. I've read this is true. In fact I asked my lawyer.

Anonymous said...

8:43, 9:17, and 9:47:
Wait till he finds out that it is much cheaper for his insurance company to just make him pay his deductable than to try and track down the other guys insurance.
Brian will get screwed.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter if the neighbor looked out the door and said "sorry about that". His insurance wouldn't pay for it. Brians insurance covers this - plain and simple.