Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 12, 2011

Dating Site Serves People Who Can't Have Sex, But Want Love


Laura Brashier beat stage 4 cervical cancer, but the grueling treatments killed her sex life. The countless surgeries and radiation destroyed her vaginal tissue and made intercourse impossibly painful.

The Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif., hair stylist was only 37 then, and she found it hard to broach the topic with boyfriends. So she just didn't get involved romantically."It was the only thing on my mind," said Brashier, who is twice divorced and has no children. "I dated on and off, but I didn't tell anyone for years. I figured if I am doing that, a lot of others are, too."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want to be in a relationship with no sex, get married.

catjowill said...

4:28 That was a cruel thing to post!

Anonymous said...

4:28pm SO very true!


And Catjowill I think you know it!