Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 03, 2010

Welcome To Salisbury, The Town Known For "Do As I Say, Not As I Do"




It continues to baffle me to no end seeing overgrown weeds in the streets and islands, especially in the biggest money making area of Salisbury.

While a multitude of business have closed up shop. While a multitude of FOR RENT Signs litter Rt. 13 from one end of Salisbury to the other, you'd think the City would at least keep their finest jewels is the best looking condition, or at least enforce it.

Instead, I, (along with many others) get notices in the mail complaining about grass growing in the street outside my building, then I see this!

Every single Shopping Center in Salisbury should look like Las Vegas. The Mayor complains about the blight with SAPOA properties, then each and every one of us see this crap and you just have to wonder, do they realize they're the reason behind the downfall of this City.

Does Jim Ireton, Gary Comegys, Louise Smith, Shanie Shields, Tom Stevenson and others shop in Annapolis instead? Do they not see what we are seeing each and every day? They must, because I Posted this several weeks ago and we haven't had any rain since I last complained, so it must have taken that long for these weeds to grow this tall once again.

Salisbury News is a tool of convenience for the Mayor and Department Heads. We provide these images so these people rarely have to leave the Office and be subjected to what us peasants who are PAYING ALL THE TAXES IN THE CITY have to deal with. You'd think they'd keep track of all of the habitual offenders but you have to ask yourself, why are all the other lawns in that area groomed and the island areas not? Could it actually be that these areas are the City's liability?

I'd like to know if any of you know that answer. In the mean time, show some respect for this City and get this crap mowed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hemlock street has weeds over 10 inches tall growing in the street.

lmclain said...

Joe....your are right, 100%...further, I submit that the Code Enforcement office is more of a vendetta group used to harrass the enemies of the people in that office and of the government in general...I drive through the city every day and frequent the stores in North Salisbury a lot...it is disgusting, but some neighborhoods seem to get a pass...go down Isabella St around the Post office area...its a ghetto looking area with trash, weeds growing, even a TENT (a BIG tent) has been pitched in the yard of one of those houses for MONTHS!! A TENT!! Junk in the yards, trash piled up, etc, but I know of some people who get regular tickets as soon as the grass appears on the sidewalk. I also believe its a racial thing...most of the enforcement officers (that I know of) are African-American. The people I know getting regular tickets are white. The people I see violating the code WITHOUT apparent concern are black. Is 2+2 still four...???

Anonymous said...

Disgusting and embarrassing! Looks like they could put the prisoners to work again.

dinosaur said...

Ireton is quickly becoming the worst mayor in the last 60 years. He does nothing about crime, can't clean up the city, and is still trying to pretend that there is nothing wrong with having an "acting" police AND fire chief. To top it off the City Council is a joke and should all refuse their paycheck until they start earning it.

Anonymous said...

Rundown overgrown yards are the norm here. Just go drive around and look at some of the houses and how they are "kept". Salisbury is merely making sure it lives up to the standards of many local homeowners. The whole, "do as I say, not as I do" is an area wide attitude.

Anonymous said...

I got my grass cut without a warning after I just cut it myself.Now they want fine money. same thing happened a few years ago I am not politically connected.