Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 03, 2010

72 Percent Of Adults Are Text-Messaging Now

More American adults have taken to texting in the past year, but teens still take the crown when it comes to using their phones for text-messaging, with 87 percent of them doing so, a new study says.

Among adult cell phone users, 72 percent of them now send and receive text messages, up from 65 percent in September 2009, and 58 percent in December 2007, according to "Cell Phones and American Adults," a report from the Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project.

GO HERE to read more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

At my age texting while walking would be deadly,let alone driving.

Anonymous said...

I prefer to stay with the 28% who is not texting.
My phone is for phone calls only - no text (it's actually blocked), no internet, etc...just a phone.

Anonymous said...

Im with you 10:37. I use it to talk only.

Anonymous said...

I do text, but only my wife, and usually about shopping lists so I don't forget something at the store - I think as a society, we are loosing our 'face time', and our young people are paying for this as they don't have the necessary interaction skills to make it in a world that requires interaction.

Anonymous said...

you know i was allways one of those who said i will never own a cell i am fifthy two years young lol guess what every one in my family has one that will be five in all hate that bill every month darn verizon oh well,and yes so do i in order to keep up with my three daughters and yes i do text be it so primative keeping up with the times