Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Taking Salisbury News To Another Level

Look, Salisbury News has come a long way over the past 6 years. There's one topic in which I know many of you have discussed with me personally and that's cursing. While we have eliminates curse words from Posts and Comments, I'm going to take it to yet another level and eliminate the A$$ type of comments, as an example.

If I can create Posts without using curse words, you can create comments without them. So from this point forward, if your comment has curse words with *&%#$ and so forth in them, they will be rejected, period.

Believe me, coming from Da Bronx, I know what it means to use such language as an expression. However, we have to respect all of the other people who choose not to participate with such language and we all know what those &%@*! words mean.

So you know, I'll be spending the rest of my day rejecting probably a hundred of more comments from JT, JR, TM, BB, SB and so forth just because they'll think it gets under my skin. Just like all the racial comments they send in every day trying to get them past us so they can claim we're racist. Maybe one day they'll grow up but somehow I doubt it.

There will be ONE exception to this rule. Every once in a while I publish some, (very few, mind you) comments where there's a threat on my life or a personal attack I feel the need to publish. In some cases these people use their name but think I won't publish it. To expose these people for who they are, I may choose once in a while to publish it. In order to reduce the number of bogus comments sent in every single day, I may choose to publish these every so often in the hopes they'll know I'm capable of doing so. I'm sure you'll understand.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)
hee hee, good for YOU!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Joe. I am no prude, but I feel that that type of language should be "behind the doors of ones home" if they want to use it. Thanks for caring.

Anonymous said...

gosh darn it , gee willikers , got to change.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joe. I enjoy reading your blog but am really bothered by all the hate spewing out. Intelligent people don't need to be mean and hateful to get their point across.

Anonymous said...

dont understand your logic in one spot...how are YOU racist if i send in a racist comment?

isnt freedom of speech what these comments are about? im disappointed with your decision, but of course respect it.

im a little frustrated that people have such thin-skin as well. why are the cussers the ones getting punished? kick out the babies!

--and my verification is "druck" i agree! haha

Anonymous said...

That's good news!

Anonymous said...

It's about time.

A sort of regular reader

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I get sick of seeing posts with curse words.

Anonymous said...

Dag nabbit, Joe, This really rucks!

Anonymous said...

3:53
As with all freedoms, they stop when they interfere with mine. If I choose to refrain from language that I find offensive, and by most reasonable definitions is offensive, why should I have to tolerate your inability to express yourself in coherent thoughts without falling back to your gutter vocabulary? Learn to articulate your arguments without...well, never mind. Your logic probably deserves the language.

Anonymous said...

It's soooooo hard not to curse when some people like BB and SB spread knowingly false and made up rumors-LOL.

I guess since no one bothers with the Tattler anymore they have taken up residence on Joel Todd's campaign Facebook.

BB's latest is that someone has stolen his Todd sign and replaced it w/McDermott and Oglesby signs! I believe this to be a blantant lie on BB's behalf BECAUSE just before he commented, SB commented and made ZERO mention of ANY signs being stolen only that unauthorized signs had been placed in their yard.

I wish whomever was monitoring Todd's facebook would see these individuals for what/who they really are-people who like to manipulate and cause trouble for other people for their own amusement-and ban them from Joel Todd's Facebook.