Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

How To Sell Tooth Brushes

The kids filed back into class Monday morning. They were very excited.
Their weekend assignment was to sell something, then give a talk on
productive salesmanship.

Little Sally led off: "I sold girl scout cookies and I made $30," she said
proudly, "My sales approach was to appeal to the customer's civil spirit and
I credit that approach for my obvious success."

"Very good," said the teacher.

Little Jenny was next:

"I sold magazines," she said, "I made $45 and I explained to everyone that
magazines would keep them up on current events."

"Very good, Jenny," said the teacher..

Eventually, it was Little Johnny's turn.

The teacher held her breath ...

Little Johnny walked to the front of the classroom and dumped a box full of
cash on the teacher's desk. "$2,467," he said.

"$2,467!" cried the teacher, "What in the world were you selling?"

"Toothbrushes," said Little Johnny.

"Toothbrushes!" echoed the teacher, "How could you possibly sell enough tooth brushes to make that much money?"

"I found the busiest corner in town," said Little Johnny, "I set up a Dip & Chip stand and gave everybody who walked by a free sample."

They all said the same thing, "Hey, this tastes like dog sh!t!"

Then I would say, "It is dog sh!t. Wanna buy a toothbrush?"

"I used the governmental approach of giving you something sh!tty for free, and then making you pay to get the sh!tty taste out of your mouth."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When will the young people learn about our present sh!ttie government?

Anonymous said...

When mommy and daddy stop paying thier bills and bailing them out of situatons. Actually I am 33 and have always followed the politics. I have learned it is say whatever the people want to hear, then when they are in office they screw us.
Granit this might not happen everywhere. I am sure there is atleast one decent local politician somewhere in this country. Call me optimistic about that last comment.

Cory said...

This proves that anyone that voted the current government into office is just plain stupid and yes i voted for McCain