Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Three Accused Of Letting Rats Chew Toes Off Ohio Baby

WAVERLY, Ohio – Three people have been accused of letting rats bite a 6-week-old girl and chew off her toes at their cluttered Ohio mobile home.

Pike County prosecutor Rob Junk says the baby's toes on one foot were gone when sheriff's deputies went to the home Sunday after receiving an anonymous tip.

The baby is in fair condition at a Columbus hospital.

A married couple and the 18-year-old boyfriend of the baby's mother are charged with felony child endangering. They were in court for an initial hearing Tuesday. They're jailed pending a plea hearing in two weeks.

The prosecutor says they all lived in the mobile home west of Piketon, a village noted for its old uranium enrichment plant.

He says the baby's mother is a juvenile. He won't identify her or say if she'll be charged.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF? people like that should be shot. perhaps their punishment should be to let rats chew them till they die!

Lisa said...

I just can not believe that this kind of thing goes on! I mean, I can but I don't understand it!
It's awful!
They should ALL be prosecuted to the fullest extent. Not only on the child endangerment but attempted murder!
And send that baby to a home where it will be loved and adored like it should.

Anonymous said...

Some people should not be permitted to have a children. More and more I am starting believe this to be true.

Anonymous said...

sick sick sick. I mean seriously. If you don't want the children or you can't handle the children give them to someone that does. There are plenty of women(families) that can't have children that would take care of them and give them the life that obviously these people can't.

Anonymous said...

As Bob Barker said, "We must Spay and Neuter"

Chimera said...

"The mother is a juvenile"...
Big suprise there!
I know its not politically correct to say this but there is a huge segment of our population out there who should be sterilized at or around puberty.
There was also a newborn baby in the news yesterday in Kentucky that had been dragged outdoors into the woods by a pit bull and mauled and I am thinking,"who the hell is watching the kids?" Its terrible

Anonymous said...

God bless that baby.

10001110101 said...

Think about this on a larger scale. This infuriates me. I was in the local library and watched a young father grab his toddler while gritting his teeth screaming in the toddlers ear to shut up. It was nap time for the toddler and he was rubbing his eyes and looked so tired while being dragged along by the arm. When I voiced my opinion, he told me to mind my business. I had all I could do to refrain from sidekicking the dude upside the head. If babies are not shown empathy....they will have no empathy as adults. A future Sociopath in the making.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with the baby, and yes the mother that she realize what she did was wrong. Oh I see so much, hear so much wrong these days. Our world is coming to a horrible end.