Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

WORCESTER HEALTH OFFERS SUMMER SMOKING CESSATION CLASSES

Snow Hill, MD- Breathe deep and make 2017 a smoke-free summer with Worcester County Health Department’s free smoking cessation classes. Worcester Health is committed to helping smokers establish new behavior patterns that lead to a tobacco free lifestyle. With the smoking cessation class, Chantix, gum, patch, lozenges and other aids to help individuals quit tobacco are available through a voucher program. Join one of the smoking cessation classes available throughout Worcester County starting in July. Classes will be held on Tuesdays from 5-6 p.m., July 11-September 26, at the Berlin Health Center (9730 Healthway Drive).A “Motivation to Quit” class will be held from 5-6 p.m. on July 11 at the Berlin Health Center. You can register in-person at the class, or by calling the Worcester County Health Department at 410-632-0056.Professionally trained instructors can help participants break the smoking addiction. The smoking cessation course consists of seven sessions covering stress management, weight control, assertive communication, how to develop a quit plan, relapse prevention, and physical activity. Vouchers are available for nicotine replacement therapy such as the patch, gum, or lozenges. Vouchers are also available to help offset the cost of Chantix for individuals meeting specific program requirements. As part of the course, the participants will learn how to identify triggers for relapse and how to prevent it. You can become smoke-free this summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I smoked real heavy for about 30 years, then one time I caught the flu and laid on my couch sick and not being able to smoke for about a week or so, when I started feeling better I lit up a cigarette and it choked the hell out of me. I looked at that cigarette and thought to myself you haven't smoked since you got sick, if you start this dumb shit all over again you have got to be the stupidest person in the world. I put the cigarettes down and quit cold turkey, I suffered for about 2 weeks but I eventually got over it, it took about a year before I was really completely over it, now I realize it was the best thing I have ever done. Smoke free now for about 15 years. QUIT JUST DO IT. Oh and as a side note I went to a sporting event recently with hundreds of people there and only saw one person smoking.