Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

WHEN I FOUND OUT HOW MEMBERS OF CONGRESS REALLY SPEND THEIR TIME, I JUST ABOUT THREW UP

Our system is deeply broken and it needs to be fixed

Did you know that many members of Congress spend three or four hours a day “dialing for dollars” in cramped call centers that both parties have set up in Washington?

I promised that I would keep all of you updated on what I am learning as I run for Congress, and what I learned the other day just about had me losing my lunch. I always imagined members of Congress spending long hours in their offices working on legislation and other important matters, but the truth is that most members of Congress are little more than glorified telemarketers at this point. Winning the next election is everything for most of these Congress critters, and so they spend far more time making cold calls to potential donors than doing anything else.

Have you ever had a politician call you up in the middle of the day begging for money? It is an absolutely disgraceful thing to do, but the truth is that money is the number one factor in determining election outcomes, and so our professional politicians have an endless appetite for it.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which is why there should be term limits. That way, any legislation passed to give themselves pay raises and more benefits at the expense of the American people, will not affect those who vote to approve such legislation!

Rebel Without a Clue said...

If they would simply do their damn jobs then maybe the money would show up without all of the calls. How much does it cost the government for all of the long-distance calls? Are they free now like with cell phones?

Anonymous said...

DITTO on TERM LIMITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The Senate is even worse. While in the midst of calling for money, they are constantly showing up on MSM stations to politic and complain. I have been wondering when they work????? It certainly does not show they are earning their salaries.