Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, February 22, 2010

Hitman Returns


Joe -

"We have never met but a friend of mine turned me on to your site, love it.....Don't know if you remember my morning radio show, But it was called the "Hitman & Company" morning show and we dominated the radio airwaves for years (1983-1994) at 100KHI (Ocean City, Md.) They changed formats and I went on to manage Seacrets Nite Club in Ocean City, Md. along with a fantastic leader/owner Leighton Moore and I helped to grow the business into one of Ocean City's attractions. Stayed there for almost ten years and moved on to Manage the world famous Purple Moose Saloon on the boardwalk in OC. Have been there for about 6 years and have done some radio during that time.

However I have been invited to get into a new communication medium it's KHZTV.COM The Hitman & Company show will kick off on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 from 7-10am we will kick the tires for two weeks then launch a NETWORK...via 1590KHZ in Ocean City along with 810 WYRE Baltimore/Annapolis and on the world wide web at KHZTV.COM - If you could tell the folks out there I would appreciate it very much, I think some folks in the OC/Salisbury area remember and will want to tune in. There is not a day that goes by when somebody stops by the Moose and asks why we don't bring it back, So this is how we intend to do it. Thanks for your time, and please keep in touch.

I read ur site every day and would love to promote it when we hit the airwaves."

Thanks JJ "Hitman" McKay

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow
what a blast from the past

Anonymous said...

JJ! I'll be tuning in! We met when our boys played for the 'Birds. Glad to see you are coming back!

Anonymous said...

Hitman was awesome!! Keep us posted.

hitmanoc said...

Thanks for remembering...I gotta get on and grow this network, Sea Ya on the radio - Hitman

Anonymous said...

I remember Stevie Michales when she was on KHI. What a blast she was.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Hitman! I grew up listening to you and "The Wide Guy" - aka - Bryan K. Hall-who is now on Cat Country in the mornings. Welcome Back!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved KHI and the Hitman! Grew up listening to it. Loved those mini concerts! Good to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Hitman,,, always wanted to do radio,,,, i want to help, i know i could be great at it,, i am in the fleet management of a large trucking company now,, need a new lease on life

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, Stevie Michales is none other than Stevie Prettyman, Wicomico County Council Woman!!!

Reconciled1 said...

100KHI Loved that station when I was growing up...

Anonymous said...

To everyone thanks for your comments....and to the gentleman from the trucking company and anyone else that would like to get up with me go to our facebook page
under Hitman And Company (luv to talk to ya bout the upcoming project and do some flash back exchanges as well) Special thanks to Joe for giving me the time to spread the word.....Yea I still keep in touch with councilperson
Stevie Prettyman always loved her and her hubby Bill too !! HITMAN

Anonymous said...

Can anyone actually pick up 1590 west of the island?

Anonymous said...

Does anyone remember a guy by the name of Skip Isley. Seems like he was affiliated with this station years ago (back in the early 90's) .

Tom said...

Great radio station back in the eighties and nineties. There was also a guy there named Flash Phelps who did the nite time show. Those were the days... 100 KHI

Anonymous said...

I loved WKHI with the Hitman! Every morning he would play "get up you sleepy head, haul your hiney out of bed"....I still say that to my kids to this day! Glad for the update.

Anonymous said...

pHLASH pHELPS worked for me at 100KHI and is now doing XM 70's show I believe, at least he was...HITMAN

Skip Isley worked up the street at 96 ROCK....friend of mine none the less.....he I think went to New Mexico and I haven't heard from him in a few years....HITMAN

GET UP U SLEEPY HEAD, HAUL YOUR HINEY OUTTA BED...yep that was us, and the adult version was...WAKE IT AND SHAKE IT....HITMAN

MD said...

Ok, so what was that song called and who did it? I cannot seem to find it anywhere. I want to use it to wake my kids up, it holds fond memories for me!

Unknown said...

I'd really, really, really, like to find the lyrics to the song - "Get up you sleepy head, and haul your hiney out of bed,. . ."

Can anyone help me get the lyrics, or better yet, the music in total?

Jay

Anonymous said...

Hey wondered if you could tell us who did the song "Haul your Hiney out of bed." And if it wasn't that...what was it's real name??
Thanks

Gayle said...

I'd love to find the "Haul your hiney out of bed song". I used to wake my oldest son up with that in the morning. He'd love to hear the original, since he's only heard me do it. Anyone got it?