Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Roof Collapses At Queenstown Outlets




Today my wife and I decided to get out of town so we took a ride up to the Queenstown Outlets. When we pulled into the shopping center parking lot we noticed that the parking lots seemed oddly empty. Empty, because about 20 stores were closed (Nike, Michael Kors, Polo...). I was told by one of their security guards that most of the stores in that particular section suffered major roof damage from the Big snow. So much so, that the roof of the Michael Kors store collapsed to the point that you could stand inside and actually touch the ceiling. She said most of the stores will be closed for several months and that the other sections were open and fully operational.

7 comments:

Justin Case said...

I was there today, too. Really surprised by what I saw. Is this the sign of things to come in the future? I hope not.

Anonymous said...

I this the outlet by the bay bridge?

Anonymous said...

We tried to stop there last Saturday and they were closed with crews on the roof of the stores. I think they had opened up again last Sunday though.

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!!!! not Polo!!!!!! UGH!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey wonder if they will be offering the merchandise at a true discount??

Anonymous said...

why didn't they have crews in there clearing this stuff off BEFORE it collapsed the roof. Duh

Anonymous said...

I was there yesterday too....hope they get it fixed soon. I love Chesapeake Gourmet!!!