Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 27, 2012

A Post-SOTU Analysis

They are saying Obama will layout a "new vision" for this country. Sorry, Marx already had that vision. It is hardly new.

I interviewed PJTV’s Vodka Pundit (Stephen Green) and took his advice: start drinking before this freak show and have no plan to stop for a while.

First, everyone wants to know the night's winning numbers: We have 59 "I"'s. Note, one "I" was not counted because in was a quote from someone else. There were 13 "my"'s and 11 "me"'s.
There were 3 "it's Bush fault"'s. I couldn't keep count of the "it's the fault of a do nothing congress"'s because many of them were a bit oblique.

I did notice a pattern to Obama's word usage. He is an "I" junkie. He uses "me" and "my" like Methadone to push the next "I" fix out a few more seconds. Then like a drowning man, when he gets his face to the surface, he gulps a mouthful of "I"'s. Like a junkie, he sneaks an "I" into a sentence when he thinks no one will notice.

Some of the "we"'s suggest Obama had a mouse in his pocket.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can someone please tell me why the elected officials, the people that are supposed to represent us have not stepped up to the plate on anything this man does? what is really going on in this country? why the silence from washington?

the citizens are speaking out all across the nation. laws have been and are continually being broken as we speak. why the silence??

does anyone have an answer? please answer this. not some dumb answer; but a real honest answer, a thoughtful answer.