Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 03, 2009

Sent To The Governor's Office By A Citizen Of Salisbury

FROM: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

TO: Karen Taylor, Office of the Governor of Maryland

Fax: 1-410-974-5735

SUBJ: Campaign Mailing, Salisbury, MD Local Elections

ENCL: Subject Mailing

MESSAGE:

My daughter received this in today's mail. She gave it to me. I am shocked that some are reduced to mailing out such vile stuff as this.

I hope that you are able to determine who it is that is responsible and have some legal recourse to rein them in.

Further, this is the sort of thing that we have been exposed to for several years around election time, some of it coming from the office of the sitting mayor, albeit much more subtle and guarded, yet just as effective. This slime has to stop!

If no statement is made by the Governor's Office before next Tuesday's election, the contents of this letter will, by default, be validated by the State, and its intended effect come to pass.

Please act quickly!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, do you have the letter beeing circulated and what does it say, who sent it, who signed it?

Anonymous said...

What am I missing here? What is the letter about? I have been sick and guess I don't know what this letter is about

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that City1732 would like to fill your ear.

Anonymous said...

I must be missing something? I read 3 post's about this letter but the letter isn't here???

Anonymous said...

I believe Joe is not posting the despicable letter because he does not want to give it any more credence than it is getting, and I have to say I really admire that decision. You probably will get the letter eventually, and ask yourself if you want the type of people to run our city who think sending something like that without their name attached is ok. What a bunch of cowards.

Anonymous said...

By the way, it isn't the Rinnier letter (above) which is bad enough, but it is even sleazier. Gary, you must be so proud of your campaign. And Daily Times, I deman an apology! You guys all said the Ireton campaign wasas full of it, that there wasn't a big special interest group trying to control the elction. Well, what do you say now?

Anonymous said...

I think I just received the aforementioned letter. I feel the need to bathe in Lysol. Little do the "Concerned Citizens of Salisbury 11169 Hodson Rd, Dames Quater, MD 21821" realize that if I had been on the fencepost, this letter would make me support Ireton more than I already do!

Anonymous said...

This is the kind of thing that makes people so sad and angry about Salisbury. It makes Salisburians in general seem ugly, coarse, petty and evil. It makes people want not to come here, and those who are already here want to leave. It is a terrible disservice to us all and to our little city.

Anonymous said...

What a fine campaign the Comegys team is running. they should be very proud of themselves today.

Anonymous said...

I've seen this disgusting letter!

And Don Cathcart had the NERVE to say you can judge a candidate by his supporters because of some guy's letter to the editor who couldn't believe anyone in their right mind would vote for Comegys.

Well, Don Cathcart, you are SO right! YOUR candidate is supported by thieves, scoundrels, liars and bigots!

So based on YOUR advice, I will NOT be voting for Gary Comegys.

Gary Comegys will NOT be a mayor for ALL people.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I meant Governor O'Malley.

Anonymous said...

The Daily Times must be freaking over this. Will they shoot themselves in the foot by continuing to unreservedly support Comegys, Shields and Boda? Will they pretend that it's all a figment of our imaginations? Will they pretend that nothing's happened?
Stay tuned, Salisbury, the weirdest is yet to come.

Anonymous said...

Shanie Shields was stuffing mounds of envelopes in the VFW last night.Hmmm...I wonder.

Anonymous said...

This is so dirty, Jim Ireton deserves better. When this election is over he is the man who can hold his head high.