Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 03, 2009

Great Day For Comments

Yesterday delivered, (so far) 378 comments in one day. Granted, with a John Robinson Post or two, we had quite a bit of comments we had to reject. Nevertheless, it's great to see every participating and getting involved.

Because of your input the Mayor and others have finally come to realize the power and volume of so many people who disagree with their tactics. I can assure you that if you went to the Daily Times comments you'd only find about 10% or less of what we do in one day. Oh, that's right, they're a few days behind us on news, I forgot.

Keep those comments rolling in Folks and don't be afraid to speak out. Again, while I don't encourage anonymous comments, you do not have to register with Blogger to put up a comment. Just click the anonymous button below the comment area and type away. If you want to be known, just sign your name at the bottom of your message like you would a letter.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe. What concerns me is the number of people who disagree aren't registered voters in the city. I know there's no way to track it, but I have to believe there is a good amount of people who comment here that can't do a darn thing about it.

I'm one of them!

joealbero said...

I couldn't agree more with you. However, comments have nothing to do with the volume of hits/visits we receive. I have stated in the past, we get less than 1/10 of 1% in comments versus hits.

Dave C said...

Joe, How am I going to get any work done today?!

doug wilkerson said...

I cant vote in the Salisbury city elections, but what happens in Salisbury affects all of us, my business does a lot of work in town thats why I care. If Salisbury isnt doing well all the area is affected in one way or another. If the CROSS-ROADS of the shore is failing the rest of the shore will follow it.

Anonymous said...

Doug. You just hit the nail squarely on the head. While it does affect us, you feel kinda helpless when you can't vote.

Reconciled1 said...

I agree Doug, I live less than 1/2 mile outside limits but have lived here my entire 41 yrs. I wish I could vote. It affects all of us that care about our city but can't vote to help do anything about it. All we can do is support the candidates in other ways by getting the word out to those that can vote.

Anonymous said...

I think I may live close to Reconciled. I am off of Old Ocean Road and can't vote either. Am just barely outside the city limits but that won't stop me from commenting on the election. In fact..and this is a sad thing to admit..If I was given a choice to vote for either the President or our new Mayor, I would jump at the chance to vote for Jim Ireton for the new Mayor!
Cindy