Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 03, 2009

Are You Reading This FBI?

Negative campaign docs from Concerned Citizens of Salisbury

"Joe,

In today's mail I received an envelope with a letter and 2 documents concerning Jim Ireton.
The purpose of sending these documents seems to be a negative campaign strategy.

The enclosed letter has a typed signature of "CITIZENS WHO CARE".

The return address on the envelope is:
Concerned Citizens of Salisbury
11169 Hodson Rd
Dames Quater, MD 21821

The envelope was actually mailed from zip 22031 - Fairfax, VA!

I believe I know what the "Concerned Citizens of Salisbury" are all about.

But notice the blatant mistakes in the return address:
11169 (no business or residence at this address per tax assessment database)
Hodson is actually Hodson White
Dames Quater is actually Dames Quarter

So I cannot respond in writing to them with my disgust at using such issues in an attempt to influence the election, nor my further disgust that the sender is not evena resident of Salisbury.

Do you know who is actually behind this "organization" or who might have used this tactic to influence the election?

I can scan in and send you the 3 pages and envelope if you don't already have them."

Are you proud of yourselves Gary? How about the rest of you who have publicly challenge Jim Ireton with lies because, oh, lets say you might lose your job once Jim is elected. I'm telling you Folks, the Citizens won't stand for this and I personally believe it will backfire on them just like every other time they tried pulling these kind of stunts.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just opened the same thing. The citizens who care should care enough to sign their names.

emo said...

if you receive one of these letters from that address, DO NOT OPEN IT. immediately place it into a ziplock bag and contact the FBI. it may be possible to retrieve some decent fingerprints and bust this racket once and for all.

Anonymous said...

There is actually a 11169 Hodson White in Dames Quarter in the MDAT database. The owner is listed as KRACKE, CAROLYN R.

Two Sentz said...

Good call 2:22.

Anonymous said...

The FBI says it won't be involved because it's a local election. The Salisbury SAIC says that it's a County Sheriff problem.
What's the scoop, Joe? Have you had any word from Mike Lewis?

You must be swimming in comments today.

Anonymous said...

Joe,
You say "are you proud of yourself Gary". How do you know it is Gary that is doing this? You cast blame as if you have proof. If you do reveal it, if not don't say it.
You talk about your "disgust that the sender is not even a resident of Salisbury", neither are you. Are you disgusted at yourself for your involvement in the local election. It seem that you are talking out both sides of your mouth.

Anonymous said...

The (?)election needs to be put on hold until this is sorted out.
We can do without a mare until the investigation is complete and a legitimate election is held.
This is so ridiculous. This is not USSR---or is it?

Anonymous said...

Gary isnt going to win anyhow. The FBI has better things to worry about.

Instead of talking about this letter and how slanderous it is; why hasnt it been posted already?

Anonymous said...

I saw a comment by this same group on another blog last week with the defaming comments. I put a note up on Joe's comments about it then but I don't think it got through. I wondered when this was going to blow up. I think it is shameful which seems to be our word of the week here.

Anonymous said...

Does Gary believe that, once he somehow manages to get elected, he's going to know a minute of peace? He won't know how to govern properly, so he's gonna be watched every second of every day. How much fun will that be, for any of us?
Gary, if you insist upon seeking the job of mayor, you have to stop playing dirty, and start acting like an honest guy with some integrity. You won't have a snowballs chance your way.

joealbero said...

I'm NOT advertising for them. Nice try.

Anonymous said...

anon 2:50 pm: Joe did not write
"disgust that the sender is not even a resident of Salisbury". I did in an email to Joe (notice the quotes around the email text). And I am a citizen of Salisbury and a registered voter there.

Anonymous said...

I received the same letter today too...Total Proganda! This really needs to be investigated!

Anonymous said...

In addition, the comments they made on local blogs came from an IP address with Charter Cable.

Charter does not offer service in Salisbury. Locally, I think it's in limited areas in eastern Sussex County and in some areas of the Eastern Shore of Virginia.

Anonymous said...

I received the same 3 pages from them, and I live out of state! Perhaps they got my current address from the Neighborhood Services and Code Compliance Office? That's my guess. That means the organization is tied to this local government office.

Anonymous said...

"That means the organization is tied to this local government office."

Or at least that it has unlimited access to the records of that gov't office.
Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I feel that as ignorant and gutless as this letter is, I got mine today, everyone's time would be better spent campaigning for Jim Ireton and not seeing what Mike Lewis or the FBI can do about it. This sort of overreaction is probably just what the people whom wrote this letter wanted. I personally hope that with recent presidential election bringing great change to our country that Salisbury is capable of the same. I try every day at work, church or wherever I am to help people have a more progressive and understanding view of life and playing the blame game benefits know one. I hope that by leading by example and making sure my child knows to have respect for all people we can make Salisbury great place to live.