Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 02, 2009

Will You Please Just Answer My Questions!

I just received a response to my questions about the horrible chemical odor coming from the WWTP weeks ago. It seems the City doesn't want to give any direct answers, so maybe I should just bring this to the attention of the MDE instead?

I received numerous complaints via e-mail and telephone calls referencing this problem. Some of which were a week apart, so the problem wasn't just one day. Nevertheless, I got on PAC14 in front of the Council and I asked, what was the chemical and was the "council" aware there was such a problem.

Recently I spoke with one of the Council Members and they had wondered what the smell was as well because even though they don't live very close to the WWTP, they could smell it too.

My biggest concern is, IF it was chlorine/bleach, could this have been harmful to the Citizens? One of the complaints came via a phone call and quite frankly this person was outraged. They were standing right next to the GOB in the early evening and couldn't believe just how powerful the odor was. They thought there was some kind of serious chemical spill somewhere and wanted to give me the heads up. When I came to learn it did in fact come from the WWTP, (as I had suspected) that same person grew even more angry because nothing had been said about it and no one was warned of the danger.

There was NOTHING said in the Press/MSM, even to this date. However, they want to claim it was coming from a sludge tank. Sorry Folks but some how I don't buy it, seriously. As long as the MDE isn't there and on top of this on a regular basis, there's nothing they can do about it.

I have now been informed that the City is now investing into Chemicals that will stop the odor, so people like me can't complain about it. That doesn't mean many of you won't get cancer from overexposure of such harsh chemicals. Now you'll be exposed to it but you'll be clueless because of the agents they'll be adding to take away the smell.

It's time for some change here in Salisbury. Your next Mayor needs to be accountable for this kind of crap and Comegys IMHO is more of the same. Bob Caldwell and Jim Ireton are your two best choices right now. You have the opportunity to vote for BOTH of them in this Primary, I strongly suggest you do just that. However, YOU need to get off your rear ends and VOTE! No more excuses, unless you're enjoying less services for more taxes?

Lore' you purposely did not answer my questions. I did NOT ask if the Mayor knew. Hell, we all know she wouldn't be accountable anyway, just like their being 99.9% compliant at the WWTP, then came the fines for illegal activity. I never once mentioned the Mayor. I clearly stated and you clearly recognized in bold letters, the City Council. I also asked what chemical it was, you refused to answer that too. Sadly Lore', you're one of them and this letter proves it.

I personally hope the next new Mayor removes Lore' Chambers from her position as well because she clearly can't handle the truth either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When something like this happens why doesn't the county jump on it? I live in the city/county and pay county taxes. If it could be smelled from the GOB the county council and Rick Pollitt are letting me down if they don't care about public safety.

Anonymous said...

If Public Works got a few calls about the odor, how is it that no member of the public made a complaint? Who called? What were they doing, complimenting them on the aroma?