Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 02, 2009

Hispanic Community Wants Ireton For Mayor


Dear Joe,

Iʼve been criticized for not attending most of the mayoral forums. This does not mean I am not involved in our community. My letters to the editor and recent interviews by the DT are a clear signal that I as many other Salisbury citizens and taxpayers am participating in our electoral process while I warn our local government officials that the people of this beautiful city are tired of false campaign promises and expect more honesty from our candidates once they get elected. It is nothing wrong from me or anyone to express our thoughts one way or another. I will continue to be watchdog of our government before and after the electoral process.

I attended the recent Camden Neighborhood Association Mayoral Forum and I was able to corroborate my criticism of the candidates: people want more clear answers from them and no one supports negative campaign. Our politicians should understand that personal attacks are not ethical and unacceptable. However, as a voter, I was pleased with the way Mr. Ireton responded to all the questions, including the one regarding Richard Insley, which in my opinion was unfair and inappropriate. I applauded Mr. Ireton for the professional manner he used to elude the question and for his entire performance in the debate. I cannot say the same about the rest of the candidates. I was disappointed to the personal attacks used by Mr. Comegys, but I was not surprised either. He used this tactic before and perhaps he thought it might be beneficial for him again.

If we the people of Salisbury want a mayor who can professionally deal with all the issues affecting us in the city one way or another, then Jim Ireton is the right person to head our city government. I highly encourage the members of my Hispanic community to vote for Mr. Ireton this coming primary and of course in the upcoming general election. I am looking forwards to help this gentleman get elected our next mayor because out the four contenders, he is the best suited for the job.

Justiniano Leon, Jr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If anyone needs a ride to the polls tomorrow, the Ireton campaign has you covered with 4 wheel drive vehicles! Call 443-736-8866 for a ride. We'll get you there safe and sound no matter who you are voting for.

Anonymous said...

Seee I dooo stink he is a greeet canodate.