Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 23, 2009

Neighborhood Congress Meets Again On 1/27/09

Just a reminder that Wicomico Neighborhood Congress meets on Tuesday January 27, 2009 at 6:30 PM at the Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore on Belmont Ave in Salisbury. Below are discussion questions that will guide our planning for 2009. Thank you.

Wicomico Neighborhood Congress
Goal Setting Discussion Questions
For January 27, 2009
Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore
6:30 PM

1. What issues does the congress want to address moving forward?

2. How do we want those issues addressed?

a. Forums

b. PAC 14

c. Geographically

3. What is the best way to expand to new neighborhoods or aid in the creation of new neighborhood associations?

4. What do we see as successes and challenges from the first 2 years?

5. Meetings? Monthly? Quarterly? Happening at Events?

Please take a few moments to write some thoughts down and bring them to our meeting next Tuesday – January 27, 2009

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just received my Salisbury University Neighborhood association renewal form.

What a crock of doo doo! I joined a few years back thinking it would open up a line of communication with the college in regards to some of their students living off campus. Ha! The biggest joke of that time.

When several of their students were raising hell , as most do at that age, and I contacted the asso.To get some help they just blew me off. In the mean time my ,9 yr old daughter at the time, was exposed to a young man running out side of our home naked! It took all the self control I could muster not to just whip his ...

Instead of placing my self at risk of being arrested , I called our local boys in tan and was told unless they wittness the act there was nothing they could do! The college didnt want to be involved because even though they fed me lip service, that was all it was.

Meanwhile , who was going to erase the image of this grown young mans naked body from my daughters mind. I know I know nudity is how we're born yet at 9 yrs old I felt she was exposed a little early.

The point is : Associations are just another way for some to keep themselves busy. They really dont promote a dam thing and it is my opinion that if you take those fees they charge and give it to a homeless bum so he can get some food or even a bottle , it would be better spent.