Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 23, 2009

A Letter To The Editor

"Joe,

Just a foreword to my question....

I really enjoy reading your blog site. I log on daily so that I can remain informed. Last night on my scanner I heard police officers conversations regarding an earlier carjacking/homocide. I immediately went to the WBOC website, only to find no information. Then I remembered your website. I logged on to find all information on the incident, as well as an assault at Subrunners I knew nothing about. Needless to say, I will be checking your site first from now on if I need information.

That being said I now pose my question. Last night I listened for a couple of hours to scanner and was hearing what seemed to be the Wicomico Sheriffs Office, MSP and local emergency rescue officials located at Snethen Church Rd and Norris Twilley Rd for a stand-off with a man who had a gun to his head, reading his Bible, threatening suicide. They were waiting on a negotiator to arrive. I finally fell asleep around 1am and did not hear how this ended.

Have you heard anything regarding this incident?

Have a great day and keep up the good work."

In cases such as this, the Police do not usually give out such said information as they do not want to glorify the situation and lend even more attention to those considering suicide. However, I have not received a Press Release on this particular situation and or learned anything from my conversations early this morning with the Sheriff's Department. Thank you for following Salisbury News, Delmarva's News Leader. LOL

No comments: