Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Crisfield Boat Docking Competition I







Only In Crisfield, where the Mayor gets up in front of a crowd and says he's about to get things started with three simple words, "Gentlemen, Start Your Engines."

Ladies & Gentlemen, THIS WAS A BLAST! Have you ever been to a Boat Docking Contest? This one has to be the King of all contests around the Country because, (my guess) more than 4,000 people attended this event and it was, (like I said) a blast!

I'll have several pictures following this Post and for those who were there, they can fill in the blanks. I can tell you this, Salisbury News was once again extremely well received down there while a select few were cringing in their seats when we were announced. Isn't that right Chiefy?

Let me move on to additional photos and Posts and you can clearly see just how enjoyable and well attended this event was. Now get this though, they're ALL coming to Salisbury this coming weekend at Brew River. The details are still coming in and I did Post something on it last week. However, I heard today on Deal Island that the boys in Crisfield and Deal Island were out to kick everyone's a$$ in Salisbury!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

They want to charge to watch the boat docking at Turd River, you can watch from the other side of the river for nothing.

Anonymous said...

hey joe,
this reminds me of a recent trip to the city marina. Have tou been there lately? How about you take a stroll down there on your lunch break with camera and show us fine citizens how the city manages our marina. Abondened docks next to the resturant, sea gull crap so deep the docks look white from a distance, etc., AND today I read on your blog that the city is holding a meeting on development of the north prong. If you can't take care of what you have, how in god's name are you going to take care of a new project.

Anonymous said...

Have you noticed that the sales brochure pictures for "River Place" condos across from the marina were taken from the first floor. I think the photographer must have been lying on the floor, you know a few plants, a little glistning of the water, the boats in the marina, Soooooo serene. I thought most mid-rises would boast of the elevated views. Who the heck allowed their money to be invested in this project. The only way I'd live there if I was a crackhead, cuz I aint far from my kwack dealer.

Anonymous said...

Not sure, but "Gentlemen, Start your engines" is 4 words...not 3. But then again, math confuses me.

Anonymous said...

Awesome Pictures Joe. Thanks for bringing them to us!!!!! You're like dog crap man, You're EVERYWHERE!!!! : )

Anonymous said...

That Guy who announces is AWSOME, Joe i want to get up with him do you have any Info Was his name Flee??? GREAT SHOW

Anonymous said...

THE GENTLEMAN'S NAME IS ERIC "FLEA" EMILY AND I BELIEVE HE LIVES IN THE SALISBURY AREA. HE IS ORIGINALY FROM CRISFIELD. AND I AGREE, HE DOES DO A GREAT JOB AT THE BOAT DOCKING EVENT.

Anonymous said...

JOE,
I JUST POSTED THE COMMENT IN RESPONSE TO QUESTION WHO IS THE ANNOUNCER WAS AT THE BOAT DOCKING. I WAS THINKING, HE MAY NOT WANT HIS NAME PUBLISHED. HE IS KNOWN AS "FLEA" EVERYWHERE. SO YOU CAN USE YOUR DISCRETION ON WHETHER TO POST HIS REAL NAME OR NOT. THE CHAMBER OFFICE COULD PROBABLY GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM IF SOMEONE WANTED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM TO ANNOUNCE THEIR EVENT (410) 968 2500....MANY THANKS....GOOD WORK COVERING THE EVENT.

Anonymous said...

I used to go to Rock Hall's every year when I lived in Kent County but I haven't seen one in a while. Sandy Pointe used to have one too.

Anonymous said...

Joe: Due to the impending bad weather associated with TS Hanna, the Brew River Boat Docking has been cancelled. You might want to alert your readers.

Thank you.