Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Which Side Of The Bed You Sleep On Matters

WASHINGTON -- The common saying, "I woke up on the wrong side of the bed," begs a question British researchers sought to answer recently -- and did.

Research shows it is possible to wake up on the wrong side of the bed, and sides do matter.

A study by Premier Inn, U.K.'s largest chain of hotels, asked 3,000 adults about their sleeping habits. They found those who sleep on the left side of the bed are happier than their right counterparts. It found so-called "lefties" generally to be more cheerful, positive and capable of tackling heavy workloads and stressful days.

More than 25 percent of people who snooze on the left side of the bed feel they have a positive outlook on life in general, compared to 18 percent of right-side sleepers.

More

6 comments:

imabear said...

Is that the side as you look at it from the foot of the bed or as you lay in the bed?

Anonymous said...

What if you sleep in a twin bed?

Anonymous said...

i wonder what side of the bed mcguire is on tonight

Anonymous said...

I guess my wife is happier than me. But I do earn more like it says. The things researchers come up with...

Anonymous said...

A few years whenever my ex rearranged the bed room she'd announce that I now sleep on the other side... She said it was my duty to sleep closest to the door in case somone broke in.... LOL

Anonymous said...

I wonder how much this absolutely stupid study cost!?! I'm sure it was paid for with some government funding. I know the U.K. is in just as bad shape as we are!