Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 26, 2011

REPLACEMENT WINDOWS

Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive double-pane energy efficient kind. Today I got a call from the contractor who installed them. He was complaining that the work had been completed a whole year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.
Hellloooo,............just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am automatically stupid. So, I told him just what his fast-talking sales guy had told me last year, "in ONE YEAR these windows would pay for
themselves!" Helllooooo? It's been a year! There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally just hung up. He never called back. I bet he felt like an IDIOT!

3 comments:

Daddio said...

Finally! A smart blonde!!

Anonymous said...

Worst decision anyone can ever make is to buy replacement vinyl windows! I can't wait til the day I can afford some nice Anderson wood windows again!

Anonymous said...

Lol!!!
Anon 9:00
I totally disagree with your statement.
There are times that replacement windows are the smartest way to go.
On top of that, if the windows are installed, caulked and insulated CORRECTLY, they can actually be much better than your Anderson wood windows!
It's all in how they're done.
The house we bought a couple of years ago already had replacement windows in 3 windows. They were not caulked properly and the gaps were not insulated and you could feel the cold air getting in during the winter. We soon fixed that problem!
Since then, we've had the other 16 windows replaced in our home. We didn't use the "well known national brand company" either. Their price was DOUBLE what we paid using a local company, for the SAME windows!
We used Factory Direct Windows, who advertises here on Joe's blog.
We have nothing but GREAT things to say! He's professional, he's fast and he does what he says he'll do. Maybe you should call and see how much he can save you too!
Signed,
D. Johnson