Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Gino's Opens Doors In Towson


Crowds gather hours before the 11 a.m. opening, waiting for a taste of the fast-food favorite

A recent bout with pneumonia kept Colts legend Gino Marchettifrom the Towson opening of his beloved fast-food joint Wednesday, but more than 100 people still lined up outside Gino's Burgers & Chicken, waiting to step into the restaurant and back in time.

"There's the News-American over there," joked Howard Schultze, 69, of Hampstead, who read the long-shuttered newspaper and ate at the restaurant once a week as a teenager.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay. I hope they bring one to the shore. I think my brother worked at one of those way back when.

Anonymous said...

I used to love the Gino's Giant. That was a good burger in the day. While in Frederick recently I saw several Roy Rodgers fast food restaurants, which you don't see on the Shore anymore.

Anonymous said...

My ex use to work for them.
Food was good.
And it was way......back then.

Anonymous said...

I think Salisbury used to have a Gino's in the Kmart shopping center in the 1980's. Anyone remember for sure?

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Gino's at the corner of 13 (business) and College Ave in the early 70s. Once a month I carried my two children to the Library and we went to a fast food in that location. It was a treat for them and me to eat out, 3 burgers,fries and a drink for $1.

Anonymous said...

Yes, there was a Gino's in Shopper's World (Kmart) in the 80's. I worked there during school for a whopping $2.15 an hour (special student rate). It got bought by the Bubas family, turned into a Roy Rogers.

Anonymous said...

I remember the Gino's by Kmart! I had my first "date" there when I was 13....his parents sat across the restaurant in another booth so, yes, we considered it a date! LOL!! Fond memories! And great food too.