Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Hobby Lobby Has A Large Pool to Choose From

Hobby Lobby, the competitor to Michael’s Arts and Crafts (between Home Depot and Best Buy in Salisbury) is interviewing individuals for the new store they are opening in the former Giant store, just north of the Salisbury North Wal-Mart.  By the look of things, there are still plenty of people in the area looking for a job.

This is just PART of the overflow.  People were lined up out in front of the motel where Hobby Lobby was conducting interviews.  They had chairs set up on the south side of the motel for more people to sit, and there were a few folks on the north side (to the left of this photo).  The only reason I didn’t get more pictures was because there was no place to park and I had to shoot from the car.

We should all be grateful that Hobby Lobby is coming to town and will be employing some folks.  It appears that they’ll have a large applicant pool to choose from.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Hotel is conducting the interviews? On my way if I know where to go!

Joseph Albero said...

Best Western near the old Chef Freds.

Cathy said...

and when Michaels closes they'll have experienced people to add to their staff!

i'm excited to get this new store but sad for Michaels. They are already hardly busy as it is :(

Anonymous said...

I went by there and thought the fire alarms had gone off! So many people outside...

Anonymous said...

Those people who wanted to be interviewed were not allowed to buy a drink from the motel, in this heat today, that shows what type of persons run that motel!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cathy, I don't agree with there beign plenty of experienced people for them to choose from coming from Michaels.
I've never been in Michaels that I didn't have to wait in line behind at least 5 people. I've never had success of asking someone who works in the store for assistance when I was looking for something either. Most of the employees there are just downright lazy and could care less about customer service. THAT will be what puts Michaels out of business in Salisbury and that's a shame!
If I was running that store, I would have gotten rid of just about every employee that works there!