Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Five Day U.S. Mail Service?

Momentum is gathering on the Hill to cut Saturday mail delivery. Representative Darrel Issa sent a letter to the House rules committee asking to drop six day mail delivery from the 20-12 financial services appropriations bill. Issa says the provision could save the USPS $3 billion annually. Gov Exec reports, Senator Tom Carper of Delaware has also sponsored legislation that would allow the Postal Service to change its delivery schedule.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Won't bother me any. My local carrier skips our hole plan one day a week now (not counting Sunday).

Anonymous said...

it's a given that something has to be done

Anonymous said...

saturday is usually junk mail anyway. this needs to be done NOW..

Anonymous said...

they deliver nothing but trash anyway
I follow all my important matters online
forget pellet stoves someone come up with one that burns mail
Mail is dead we should stop wasting money and resources on it
it was great in its day but it's just a nostalgic notion now
be done with it
I think they only keep it up to summons jurors and as far as I am concerned I have have no peers and am unfit to serve in trashy bullshit trials and litigations