Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Because Of Constitution Error, North Dakota Is Not A State (And Never Has Been)

A constitutional error recently discovered shows that North Dakota has never technically fit the requirements for statehood.

John Rolczynski, an 82-year old Grand Forks resident, discovered the error in 1995 and has been been campaigning to fix North Dakota's constitution ever since. The problem lies in the state constitution's omission in requiring the governor and other top officials to take an oath of office. In failing to require these oaths, North Dakota's constitution is at odds with federal requirements established by Article VI of the U.S. Constitution, therefore making statehood illegitimate.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

North Dakota is trying to merge with South Dakota as 1 state and referred to as "Dakota"

Anonymous said...

north dakota would be better off becoming part of canada and telling the US to suck it

Anonymous said...

I spent two full years there in the Air Force. If it wasn't a state, I wonder who/what I was defending? Hmmm, I wonder if I can get my federal tax dollars back I paid those two years while living outside the U.S.? ;)