Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Helping Neighbors

Joe,  just  a  little  while  ago  while  trying  to  clear a  path  to  my  mailbox  one  of  your  Delmar  businesses  passed  me,  stopped,  backed  up  and  took a  few  minutes  to  clear  a  path  with  his  snow  plow.   Luckys  Garage,  Bi-State  Blvd.  in  Delmar  was  the  name  on  the  truck  but  the  young  man  never  got  out so  I  could  learn  his  name.   It  was  greatly  appreciated  becaused  I  had  planned  on  making  it  an  all  day  job,  little  at  a  time,  due  to  my  age.    I  have  looked  in  the  phone  book  but  not  listing.   Must  be  a  new  business,  but  with  young  employees  such  as  this  gentlemen  they  will  build  a  good  business  quickly.   Yes,  I  could  call  411,  I  guess,  but  have  not  had  luck  with  that  in  past.    Just  wanted  the  Delmar  community  to know  they  had  a  gem  with  Luckys  Garage  there.   To  paraphrase  Pam . . . Delmar  is  Awsome!   I  will  still  try  to  get  in  touch  with  them  and  maybe  someone  willl post  their  phone  number.   Thought  you  should  know  about  your  neighbors.
Jerry . . . living  near  Salisbury  Airport.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky's Garage worked on my husband Russell's car and he was very pleased with their work and the price. Glad to hear of them helping out someone in need. Maybe our comments will throw some business their way.

Anonymous said...

My family just moved to Delmar, DE a few months ago from Salisbury which I have lived all my life. The people in Delmar totally support their town.We had a yound guy come to our house yesterday and offered to shovel our driveway for us.
We were welcomed with open arms from everyone we have met there. So I have to agree also with Pam Price. Delmar is Awesome.

Happy in Delmar. RH

Unknown said...

31585 East Line Road
Delmar, MD 21875
(410) 896-2336


Mike
www.lawntechinc.net

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mike, 1:35pm . . . surely will call and thank them. Yes, send some business their way. Good deeds deserve rewards.
Jerry

Shannon said...

I drove an hour and 20 min round trip to have an exhaust put on my truck at Lucky's. The gentleman is AWESOME! He made me feel like we had been friends all of our lives from the very first conversation! I will never go any where else to have work done. He did a wonderful job, was quick, and very affordable.

Anonymous said...

http://www.luckysgarage.com/

Mike and Mac Malone own it

Anonymous said...

Mike and Mac Malone own it

Well that explains everything. Those two were brought up on the farm, know what a days work is. I remember them as young boys tossing pumpkins out in the field on S. Division St (where all the medical offices are now). Their daddy would be proud of them, they kept what they were taught with them and put it to use to this day. Good job boys! Now that I know they own it, I'll travel to Delmar for my mechanical work. Those boys also developed LED light bulbs to be used in chicken houses to help reduce electric usage for farmers. Wonder what happened with that.

Dave Cook said...

Don't leave Eric Messick out of your praises. He is a good mechanic, kind and generous person, and a good friend. Speaking from experience.

I hope the Malone guys appreciate him as I suspect they do.

Thanks, Eric