Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bistate Blvd House Fire

Joe,
 
I am emailing you in hopes you can get the word out to help my friends.  Cletus (Peanut) and Darlene Smyser were out helping people by plowing roads and driveways when I had to call them to tell them their house was on fire.  It is a total loss including their 3 dogs. Along with this total loss the day after Christmas she also just lost her job at Johnny Janosik, but it doesnt end there either.  While we were trying to contact her Mom to tell her about the fire she was unavailable because she was with Darlenes Brother who just had to have Hospice called in during the time of the fire.  He only has a few more days to live as his liver has failed before he could get his transplant.  My heart aches for them dealing with this all at once.  I ask that the community help me with donations to help get these people back on their feet...they truly are great people who would help you day or night.  My office is the Remax office across from Chilis and will be open Tuesday after 9am to take donations.  Monetary donations can be dropped off there too, as I will be opening an account for them at the Bank of Delmarva when they open Tuesday morning. Gift cards would be a huge help too.  Maybe our friends at Johnny Janosik could donate a bed and some furniture. If anyone wants to donate but can't make it out I would be happy to pick it up,  just call my cell phone.
   
I'm sure I can say thank you in advance as we live in the best community around...everyone helping anyone in need.

His sizes are XL shirts, 36/30 jeans and 10.5 shoes
Her sizes are XL shirts, 12 pants and 8.5 shoes
Household items are something we forget about but are needed.
 
Also, thanks to Mike Evans at Job Site Pumping for getting me to the scene safely and thanks to all the firemen that risk your life for others.  What a great bunch of people...I LOVE DELMAR!!

Thanks again,
Pam Price,
302-249-2546 Cell

2 comments:

Pam said...

The account has now been opened at The Bank of Delmarva and is ready for donations...please make checks payable to The Smyser Family. Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

My family donated 3 bags of clothes and a bag of toys, books, and a few school supplies. This was a tragic thing to happen to a family and the town of Delmar always rallies together to support one another. I hope we can get them back on their feet soon.