Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Officer Won't Sign Order For Troop Indoctrination

Asks to be relieved of command over repeal of 'gay' ban in military

President Obama's repeal of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy is already  damaging the U.S. military.

An Army lieutenant colonel has asked to be relieved of command rather than order his troops to go through pro-homosexual indoctrination following the repeal of the policy, which required homosexuals to keep silent about their sexual preference.

Currently the commander of a battalion-sized unit in the Army National Guard, the officer also has threatened to resign his commission rather than undergo "behavior modification" training intended to counter his religious convictions about homosexuality.
 
Discover what's causing modern America to disintegrate. Read "HOW EVIL WORKS: Understanding and Overcoming the Destructive Forces That Are Transforming America"
The soldier sent the following letter to his commanding officer:
Subject: Request for Relief from Command due to Personal Moral Conflict with New Homosexual Policy

1. I respectfully request to be relieved of Command of XXX Squadron, XXX Cavalry prior to new policy implementation subsequent to the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." My personal religious beliefs and moral convictions do not permit me to treat homosexuality as an acceptable lifestyle, compatible with military service, any more than adultery, illicit drug use, or criminal activity. I believe this lifestyle runs counter to good order and discipline in military units, and I refuse to sacrifice my belief system, protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, in order to fall in line with the command policy that will logically follow. This new policy will undoubtedly include mandatory sensitivity training as well as same-sex partner inclusion in Family Readiness Group activities and integration into the full spectrum of other military benefits, as well as a whole new category of discrimination standards and investigative procedures. I will not, as a commander, put my signature on a training schedule or other document recognizing or legitimizing any of these things that contradict my personal beliefs.

2. I would like to remain in the XXX Army National Guard until I am eligible for retirement (at 20 years and 0 days), which would be in the late summer of 2012, but on grounds of my religious beliefs, I will not attend sensitivity or behavior modification training consequential to this policy change, even if it means disciplinary action. I regret that I cannot continue to serve in the military further, but feel that my efforts would be insincere because my heart will no longer be in it."

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good. I stand with this fellow.

Anonymous said...

The problem is that he speaks for so many that were not asked...or ignored. There will be an impact! As has been seen in history - cultures decline when certain activities become accepted.....

Anonymous said...

Soon you'll see lawsuits over "friendly fire" deaths of homosexuals in battle.

Alex said...

I hope he gets relieved and stripped of his rank.

My personal believes do not permit me to treat bigotry as an acceptable lifestyle, compatible with military service.

Anonymous said...

Soon you will see lawsuits over discrimination to further weaken and distract the military.

Anonymous said...

alex

this is not bigotry. i truly wish you would stop forcing the majority of americans to accept what you feel is normal. because someone doesn't want to be forced to accept your belifs and be forced into so called sensitivity training to be retrained (brainwashed) to accept what you believe does not make them a bigot (look up the definition) in the meantime if you want to accept that life style fine do it. but i dont want to be forced to accept it as normal because i don't think it is and i have just as much right to feel that way as you do to think it is

Anonymous said...

"Don't let the door hit you"

If you are willing to give up your service commitment over what a soldier does in the privacy of their bedroom then you are a fool anyway.

Anonymous said...

Come on folks. Their job is to kill people for the State. The State is controlled by corporate interests involved in the military idustrial complex - ie. war profiteering.

Get your priorities right

Anonymous said...

anan 959 this policy will allow gays to serve openly.the policy now allows them to do what they do in their bedroom which is fine with me.however i do not wish to know who is gay and who is not.and in a deployed environment all this does is add more stress which is not needed.id rather shower with women than with an openly gay man.at least a woman checking out my junk and thinking about what she would like to do to me or vice versa is normal and acceptable.

lmclain said...

9:59...simplistic and naive argument. I have to ask this question -- why does the military think they need to put all the troops through "sensitivity traning" or "behavior modification" courses? The answer must be an uncomfortable one for many people....

Anonymous said...

10:45, WRONG.
After coming home from a theater of war, a gay service member couldn't greet his significant other at the airport or be seen in public with his suspected partner without fear of dismissal. No one is asking for a military gay pride parade. And if you wouldn't choose a woman in the shower over any man, gay or straight, then maybe you should come out the closet as well

11:06, unfortunately gays get stomped out and beat down on the regular for just being gay. As in any organization, "training" takes the onus (legal and perhaps moral) off the military for when these incidents take place.

Anonymous said...

He is standing up for what he believes in, end of story.

Some want him forced to believe what they believe in but cry foul when they are rejected.

You can't have it both ways.

If more stood up for what they believed in instead of being pc, we would have less problems.

Good for him, and I expect more will follow.

lmclain said...

11:22....so, it (training and behavior "modification") has nothing to do with trying to alter people's beliefs or morals, just getting the military "off the hook" for forcing someone else's morals and lifestyle choice on their soldiers, who, by the way, are a captive audience?? And why would gay people get beat down "on the regular"?? I have NEVER seen anyone beat up because they are gay and I've lived all over this country. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just questioning the "on the regular" part. And further, people get beat up every day because they are white, or black, or fat, or ugly, or short, or any number of reasons. I haven't seen "classes" to prevent any of THAT. Further, no one is "asking" for a military gay pride parade, but let me ask --- how long will it be before there IS one??? THAT will be a pretty sight that will cause the entire word to tremble in fear of our military muscle....

Anonymous said...

Have you never worked anywhere besides mickey D's Imclain. Every corporation or big employer has training on nondiscrimination against every group you mentioned. Kinda proves my point.

lmclain said...

8:15...Kinda proves you don't read that well....and there is NOTHING wrong with working the fry station. I missed the "don't beat up ugly people" at the last Hamburger College seminar. AND, the OTHER major corporations I have worked for didn't offer any "training" on why I should be nice to fat people, or why I should accept and love transexuals. I'm pretty much of the mind "live and let live"...but I absolutely have the right to disagree with, even dislike, anyone I choose. You can be the biggest, strangest freak the world has ever seen. But no law can force me to like you. Or make me believe that how you live is okay. And I know how much some freaks need to be "accepted"....you know what I'm sayin', don't ya? Now, I have to go...some timers are going off (I don't want you to have anything but the best fries)....