Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Community Invited To Informational Work Session on Race To The Top Grant Tuesday, Oct. 26

An informational work session on Wicomico County’s Race to the Top grant plans will be held at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 26, in the Board of Education Auditorium for the Board of Education, elected officials, business leaders, and other community stakeholders. This will be an opportunity for the community to learn what plans the school system has developed for putting the four-year, $3.1 million Race to the Top federal grant to work for students. The Scope of Work Plan must be submitted to the Maryland State Department of Education by Nov. 3, and information must be shared with the community prior to that date. 410-677-4561.

1 comment:

Phil Johnston said...

I'm sure there will be a packed house for this one...as a parent, I am requesting time off from my employer to attend, but doubt I will be given the opportunity - instead of a 7:30 a.m. meeting, how about a 7 p.m meeting as well? Dr. F, how about it? I know you and your employees work long hours, and I'm quite sure you have no desire to have yet another long day/night, but I work long hours too - I don't have any agenda other than knowing what we can all do to help our kids, and I want to help ensure that my daughters have the best education we can all give them. I hope you will consider this, and look forward to hearing from you regarding this.