Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lost Dog In Search Of Owner

Greetings Joe,

I just wanted to pass this along - because I know you hold the key to information getting out quickly - that there is a Chocolate Lab wandering the Camden area neighborhood. He's been on Middle Blvd. most of the day hanging around with a neighbor who was working outside. He told me that a jogger came by and the dog followed, so she said she would take him to her house and keep him in her yard... but a few hours later he was back with the man on Middle Blvd. I don't know if he got out of the fence or never got there in the first place... So I took a walk down South Blvd. and the dog followed me the entire way without being acknowledged (I wasn't calling or prodding the dog). He completed the walk with me and he left me again upon return to Middle.

If anyone is missing a Chocolate Lab - or perhaps the owner actually lives very close (on Middle or South Blvds.) please know that the dog is out wandering and will follow any passerby. Also, he will randomly run into traffic, so this seems to be a very unsafe situation. I've knocked on a few doors.

The dog appears to be older and walks with a slight limp. Red/Orange collar but no phone number.

I have no way to maintain the dog at my house, but I'm sure that if the owner were to walk around the North/Middle/South Blvd. blocks, the dog will probably be around... he seems to be quite content laying in the shade just hanging out. The neighbor gave him some water, and he doesn't care to venture too far from the bowl :-)

I don't know how much direct help I can be, but if anyone knows anything about the dog, you can contact me at LMMjb@comcast.net

Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dog may be micro chipped. Please take him to the nearest veterinarian and they will check for a microchip at no charge. I know Winter Place Animal Hospital does not charge for the service. If the dog has a microchip you will easily find it's owner.