Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Earthquake In Your Own Words

Check out how your friends and neighbors described Friday morning's 3.6-magnitude earthquake. The following descriptions were sent via e-mail to NBCWashington.com:

"We live in Harpers Ferry, W.Va., ... This A.M. came a rumble like a huge truck was coming through. The whole house shook. I heard trees crack. ... Quite an eye opener since I thought we were immune to that sort of phenom."

"We live in Germantown, MD and heard what sounded like severe thunder followed immediately by shaking of the house/walls. It probably only lasted about a minute, but it felt like longer. At one point I was wondering if a Mack Truck ran into the back of our house!"

"This AM in Knoxville MD I felt the 3.6 Earthquake. I am between 2 mountains along rt.67 about 11.6 miles south of Boonsboro. I had just woke and I heard a rumble and thought something had struck my house. I rushed outside with my flashlight as it was just prior to daylight looking for what I thought could have been a meteor striking my home. I have a split rock home and the whole house shook. I am 63 miles from DC."

"I live in the 4800 block of South Dakota Avenue NE and now realize that I think I definitely felt the earthquake. I thought it was a large truck at first and remember thinking, "Oh my, it's going to shake the house apart". It lasted much longer than the usual large truck passing and lasted about 3 seconds which may me wonder what it was."

"I live off Shakespeare Blvd in Germantown and felt the quake at approx 5.05am. it was what woke me up, and I jumped out of bed. A few CDs sitting on my table fell on the ground and my windows were trembling. Quite scary!"

"I live in Bowie MD and this morning a little after 5 I believe it was, I heard a noise like big squirrels running over the roof. The next thing the lamp and cups on the night stand rattled and it lasted for about 10 seconds. My wife is out of town so I was worried about how I was going to tell her that we have poltergeists and we have to get an exorcist in. What a relief to find out on NBC 4 that it was only an earthquake!"

GO HERE to read more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we lived thru the quake. we need counceling, medications, time off from work to get our lives back on track. large goverment checks are high on our list of needs. sommers almost over but we'll still take one of them lil campers.

Anonymous said...

we're all going down...quakes in germantown...the ocean temp is at an all-time, record breaking high...obama is president..."perfect storm". I'd be sick of us, too, if I were Mother Nature.

Anonymous said...

2012 Maybe !! Nostradamus predicted similar events