Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 12, 2010

Delaware Elevator To The Rescue

"I just wanted to send an e-mail informing you of the help I received last night from a Delaware Elevator employee. I was stuck trying to get into my neighborhood last night at 9:45pm after waiting a half an hour for some assistance from a friend. While my friend was trying to help me get my car unstuck on Crooked Oak Ln. and Cross Creek Dr. an employee of Delaware Elevator stopped and helped push my car out. I was not able to thank him since he left before I got to a spot I would not get stuck. For the 30 minutes I was sitting in my car with my hazards on many people passed me by and just rubber necked like I was sitting there for no reason. The county never plowed my neighborhood during the last storm or the most recent storm. It came to me having to tell my mom when she came home from work to enter the wrong side of the entrance to our development so she would not get stuck like I did. I just wanted to e-mail you so that you would hopefully post it to your blog and maybe that gentleman would see it so he could know how much I appreciated his help."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I hope he sees it too.

More proof that the Daily Times was wrong that the country did so much better job than city on plowing streets.

The Gary Comegys "re-elect me after my big loss" mouthpiece, aka Daily Times.

Tim, Salisbury said...

Cross Creek is county, not city, and that entrance is still no better.

Anonymous said...

We just helped another person that was stuck at this entrance. I called Public Works but its after hours. Was told by the Sherriffs Dept there was nothing they could do!

Anonymous said...

Delaware Eleator and there crew are the BOMB. THANKS to Pete and his crew.

Anonymous said...

My son works for Delaware Elevator. They are truly an asset to our community. I know he leads by example and instills in all under his supervision traits and characteristics of good citizenship.

Thank you Delaware Elevator!