Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 12, 2010

Waterworks To The Rescue





Waterworks, (443-497-1533) not only came to my home late last night to clear my driveway, they also rescued this vehicle today stranded in Wicomico County.

Acts of kindness have become a welcomed tradition here on the Eastern Shore, neighbors taking care of neighbors, strangers taking care of strangers. I sure am liking the direction things are headed in these days.

I'd like to ask one more favor of everyone. I'd like to start by asking those of you with 4x4 vehicles to help the elderly get to the store. Many have been stranded for a week now and could really use some basics around the house. If you'd like to volunteer, please comment with your name and number and perhaps let those who are willing to make contact with you do so.

Now, if there's anyone else who needs a pathway cleared on their property you can e-mail me at alberobutzo@wmconnect.com. Remember, this is for the elderly, (over 65) and the handicapped.

I'll do my best to get out your way over the weekend to clear you out. Mind you Folks, yesterday we came upon one home with two brand new Mercedes and a new Cadillac in the driveway. We're offering this service to those of you who can't afford to get cleared out. This is quite the chore, especially as wet as this snow has become. So please, don't ask us to come out there if you really don't NEED this service. For everyone else we have provided a list on the bottom right hand side of companies for hire. Thanks for understanding.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Joe. We are willing to help those who really need the help but we don't expect to be milked to death. Thanks for stating this.

Anonymous said...

Bobby and Lisa are good people yeah Waterworks!

Anonymous said...

There are plows and dirt trucks working on Providence Church road, Delaware side right now. In between 54 & Waller road.

Jack K Richards said...

Those businesses/companies that Joe advertised on his site should have done quite well financially and I certaninly hope that they show their appreciation. And am sure that those you dug out are very grateful. After 40 some years in Salisbury, I do not recall snows of this magnitude (quite possibly there were but senility has set in a bit lol) We are experiencing the worst winter here in Florida that I have seen in my almost 15 years but still it is better than all that snow. Hope everyone stays safe and warm. jackkkcharl@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I got out this afternoon, no small job...and got to the Food Lion. Now I'm able to help someone else in the Delmar area.
Linn 410-251-6074