Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 12, 2010

Carlisa Lorraine Travis-Abbott

Hello Joe,

My name is Michele L. Allen Carlisa's step mom. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone of WBI for never given up on Carlisa from the night she was shot September 16, 2008 and till justice is Served. Through out the 14 months I have been contacted with concerns about Carlisa's condition and flooded with prayers from everyone.

Carlisa is survived by five beautiful children ages 12-6 who adore her and miss her very much. Carlisa was taken from us by the hands of another and that was not fair. I want you and your readers know that even though this was a horrific crime committed on this family and we suffer such a great lost. Carlisa's smile could light up any room, she was so full of life and would out talk you. :-) And will be greatly missed by her children, family and friends. To know Carlisa is to love her. I am at peace with myself and as I help the children through this difficult time, we look to Carlisa as a Hero in the end of all this turmoil. For Carlisa Lorraine Travis-Abbott was able to save four lives, through the donation of some of her organs
which were not damaged from the incident. Four Lives will Live on through The Living Legacy foundation and give their family years of enjoyment as Carlisa has us for 29 years.

The best gift any family member can give is a chance for their Beloved to save a life, what a satisfied feeling it is inside knowing my baby girl saved someones life. Thank you for mentioning Carlisa on your blog. The arrangements are Saturday January 30, 2009 in Georgetown, Delaware @ Jesus is Lord of Deliverance address 40 Ingram town Road, Georgetown, Delaware 19947. The viewing is from 10-12 and the service will begin promptly at 12:00. Again Thanks to everyone who has been concerned about Carlisa L. Travis-Abbott. She is at peace now.

Loving you for Life Carlisa
Love Always,
Mom Michele, Dad Shyheim, Derrell, La'Daysha, Octavia & AAy'leyah

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hear Here. I hope everyone makes a point to become an organ donor and list it on your license.

Anonymous said...

GOD BLESS YOU for donating your beloved family member's organs. You are truly unselfish and heroic.

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who asked to come over one day and said,
" I have a special favor to ask you"
Naturaly I said come on over! I have known this man for over 20 years and always knew he wanted to be an organ donor. When he got here, he had papers and asked me to sign as a wittness for him to become a donor because his children refused. They basically said, Dad, you are too old to help anyone else. THEN they asked him how up to date his will was! I was proud to sign for him and am a donor also.

Anonymous said...

Bless you for thinking of others in your time of grief.

This beautiful letter brought me to tears.

I am pleased to bean organ donor already.

Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you peace and courage as you work through your difficult loss. May her children heal and be beautiful reminders of Carlisa.

Anonymous said...

God Bless you and your family and those children. Your daughter is a hero! Thanks for making us aware. I have prayed for you and your family after reading about the shooting in the news, then some of the blogs you've written on news sites.