Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 12, 2010

Yet Another Delmar Farmer Story



Joe,

I just have to write you since I've been reading the other uplifting stories of neighbors helping neighbors. This gentleman (Delmar farmer) was out helping others and as he rode by our house he saw my husband trying to clear our driveway w/a snow blower, unfortunately, during the height of the storm yesterday, he got stuck in a snow drift at the end of our driveway. Long story short, this farmer stopped - he not only pulled our truck out of the drift but went on to clear our mailbox and driveway so that we could get out! God bless him and Delmar neighbors!!

Loving Delmar,
Lynn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not everybody is so nice. My daughter and I dug 2 hours yesterday to get my car out. Across the street at Carter Electric men came and went. They even had a snow plow sitting there watching. Neighbors might be nice in Delmar but in Pittsville not so much!

Anonymous said...

The most amazing thing I have witnessed during this Blizzard was our Delmar farmer out on his tractor (it was about 10pm)--he was clearing a path for the Delmar Ambulance to get through. It looked like an emergency "train"....Tractor, Ambulance, Fire Dept. 4x4 vehicle....all 3 in a row. They were all working together to help out others. I will NEVER forget the generosity of our Farmers & Emergency crews during this time. THANK YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Agreed. I too was stuck coming home from dropping my wife off at work (PRMC) where she is a nurse, and all of a sudden some of my neighbors came driving up in one of their farm tractors and pulled me out. They asked for nothing, and just said... "We just have to look out for one another out here." Wow!! I love delmar!! And thank you Farmers!!!