Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 03, 2009

Obama’s Promises Are A Work In Progress


John W. Schoen

ELKHART, Ind.—
When President Barack Obama last visited Elkhart, Ind., in February, he was trying to generate popular support for a massive economic stimulus package, then facing growing opposition in Congress. It was his third visit to the economically hard-hit area in less than a year, and he used his visit to tout the benefits of his program to Elkhart and the nation.

“I promised you (during the election campaign) that, if elected I’d do everything I could to help this community recover," he told a cheering crowd. "That’s why I came back today, because I intend to keep my promise.”

GO HERE to read more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No different than Ireton... much smaller location and people still claim he needs time to clean up the previous problems.

Funny how you get months and months for just SBY!

Anonymous said...

Of course. Aren't everyone's promises a work in progress?